Now that there is a new BOD... - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:11 PM

Let's bury the Sord

Hey, people......I think this broo haha simmering over something that happened in 1947, 1958, 1997, 1997, 2006, 25 years ago and even last month is absolutely shameless. I went to collage too and can't remember my first blue book exam or the correct order of the periodic tables...I faintly recall the Iron Oxide cimbal as Ru for Rust. I do member doing Janet under the lab table when we did the highly explosive combination of dried ice in a beaker of water. It was a perfect smoak screen to our discovery of the meaning of life.

Anyway, back to the thread....I think we need to give Stu a little slack and a nod for maybe poor judgemint. I think we've all been in his shoes. Maybe after each of youse guys read the website attached in full youse will have a better depreciation for where he is coming from. If you have trouble comprehending the depth of the site, I resemble you. Many thanks for your listening to just a reglar cup of coffey in the world of latttie. Rick
Pet Reader - Patricia Schaller, Portland, Oregon based Pet Psychic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
Nope, there is NOTHING ANYWHERE about there being a $200 fee for vendors at the concours; only for the vendor room, and it wasn't mentioned at all in any of the e-mails up and back between Neil and myself before the event. I am willing to split the difference and get $100 of the $200 I paid back.

Quote:
I have NO desire or intention to ever go to any AROO event again, but I DO want my $20 model show entry fee back or an award, and I also want at least half of the $200 I paid for being a vendor at the concours back, as I was told the only vendor fee would be if I purchsed a space in the vendor room.
But you repeat yourself and each time it makes no more logical sence than last time you sputter and spout it. Wake up man. You don't mind paying after the fact for your mistaken use of the Tonkin bus, but you decline the same mistaken use of the Concourse? Likewise at a brunch or two. You are a total contradiction from one end to the other. If nothing is said about vendors, what makes you think it was something you could simply invent and do? I could be wrong, but I believe sponsors and not vendors were invited to use commercial space at the concours. Then again, I would logically assume it was not a general offering, thus not mentioned. Do you always just move in? Please don't set up in my driveway, just to make that clear! I know its all about you, but you are not to ever take up residence in my garage, pump house or living room either. GEEZ!

Todays toy count: 2012 Challenger, 97 SVT Cobra conv, 74 BMW r60/6, 52 Chevy Styleline Deluxe, (last of 12 previous Alfa's now gone).

Last edited by RC Hiatt; 07-26-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Flitting from flower to flower, but always in a fog?
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by divotandtralee View Post
Hey, people......I think this broo haha simmering over something that happened in 1947, 1958, 1997, 1997, 2006, 25years ago and even last month is absolutely shameless.

I went to collage too and can't remember my first blue book exam or the correct order of the periodic tables...I faintly recall the Iron Oxide symbol as Ru for Rust. I do member doing Janet under the lab table when we did the highly explosive combination of dried ice in a beaker of water. It was a perfect smoke screen to our discovery of the meaning of life.

Anyway, back to the thread....I think we need to give Stu a little slack and a nod for maybe poor judgement. I think we've all been in his shoes.

Maybe after reading what is on the website, you will have a better appreciation for where he is coming from.

If you have trouble comprehending the depth of the site, I resemble you.

Many thanks for your listening to just a regular cup of coffee in the world of latte.

Rick

Pet Reader - Patricia Schaller, Portland, Oregon based Pet Psychic
Thanks for the promotion of my wife's website...but I am afraid too many people just don't get what my wife and I try and do with our lives.

PS: I attempted to correct your grammar and spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Hiatt View Post
But you repeat yourself and each time it makes no more logical sence than last time you sputter and spout it. Wake up man. You don't mind paying after the fact for your mistaken use of the Tonkin bus, but you decline the same mistaken use of the Concourse? Likewise at a brunch or two.

You are a total contradiction from one end to the other. If nothing is said about vendors, what makes you think it was something you could simply invent and do? I could be wrong, but I believe sponsors and not vendors were invited to use commercial space at the concours. Then again, I would logically assume it was not a general offering, thus not mentioned.

Do you always just move in? Please don't set up in my driveway, just to make that clear! I know its all about you, but you are not to ever take up residence in my garage, pump house or living room either. GEEZ!
Maybe you just don't understand the law. The concours was a PUBLIC EVENT, and anyone has the right to do what they want at a public event, as long as it doesn't violate the law!

It is MY LEGAL CHOICE to "move in" or not at ANY public event!!! Your driveway is NOT a public place, hence you would have every right to have me arrested if I set up there.
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divotandtralee View Post
Now that takes the best of trophy!! Explains a lot. Bet the patient even nose the law.

Wonder if my kids will be flashed at a local dog park by someone in a puppy costume.
Attached Images

Todays toy count: 2012 Challenger, 97 SVT Cobra conv, 74 BMW r60/6, 52 Chevy Styleline Deluxe, (last of 12 previous Alfa's now gone).

Last edited by RC Hiatt; 07-26-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Coming to a public place near you!
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the promotion of my wife's website...but I am afraid too many people just don't get what my wife and I try and do with our lives.

PS: I attempted to correct your grammar and spelling
I swear, you are more thoreau than Clark Griswold...thanks for helping me set the record strate. God bless you, docter
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Maybe you just don't understand the law. The concours was a PUBLIC EVENT, and anyone has the right to do what they want at a public event, as long as it doesn't violate the law!

It is MY LEGAL CHOICE to "move in" or not at ANY public event!!! Your driveway is NOT a public place, hence you would have every right to have me arrested if I set up there.
Dead wrong. The event did not take place on public property with unrestricted access. The cars had to be registered and so did the vendors.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:

The only reason I am "quoting" this post is so that you can't go back and modify it... How incredible it is to read that someone who professes to have three PhDs, from Cambridge nonetheless, could think that anyone has a legal right "to do what they want" or "move in", not to mention to set oneself as a vendor... I would love to see you explain this to a judge.

Time to leave "stupid is as stupid does" alone...

Best regards,

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 03:48 PM

Why do we continue to waste time debating with Stu?

It is summer, and we should all be playing with our cars and projects. Or with our families, friends, and extended circles of friends. Life is too short to spend it dealing with those who complicate our lives.

Stu received the car that I was instructed to hold until his check cleared. Now that the transaction is over, I have no expectations to encounter or interact with him, as our paths will unlikely cross again.

Time to press the ignore button, online and in person.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I sell homes for car enthusiasts!
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 04:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Abyone out West know how to cook one of these suckers?
Attached Images

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
Yes, but I'm not just abyone.

[I]"It's the best in class by default, because it's the only thing in its class." [/I]
~Richard Hammond on the Alfa 4C

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Gordy Hyde[/FONT][/B][/I]
AROC-USA Secretary
Home chapter - NWARC
1971 Junior Zagato 1750 (1800605)
1974 Spider 2000 Iniezione (no carbs)
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 04:37 PM

First, be sure you are abylone; you want it all to yourself. Then, make sure it is dead. The rest is easy.

Joe Cantrell
Sono lento, ma sono brutto
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 04:42 PM

Smile Anybody take photos of concours?

Can you guys just get done with all the drivel and post some photos of the car at the concours. I did see the 2600 from Vancouver and believed it special. Can you imagine he and Tubot drove that car down and back? But I was there only for the time trials with Tom who drove a tz that Sterling Moss used to own. It was NOT in the concours, nor were the 8c2600 Monza of Novolari or even my resprayed two liter. Sorry I couldn't see everything, but Tom had to go to the Mission BC vintage races too on Friday.

Stu, please desist on your comments about the convention. It's over, and it was great. I wish I had stayed there so I could have calmly paid for the various events for you. I had hoped you would not try to slip in without making those payments so necessary to cover costs of the local club that had to put on the event and HAVE NOTHING TO DO WHATEVER WITH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE NATIONAL. So, please do not continue making people dislike you. We need your comments on the BB when it comes to history of Alfa vehicles. I am very grateful to you for proving good (almost priceless) information most of the time, at least a good point to start checking. You do not have to comment on every post made by everybody, however. Remember the old Latin maxim: "Si tacuisset, philophus permansisset" (if he had just shut, he would always have been considered a philospher). NOT ONE MORE COMMENT.

SOME PICTURES PLEASE . . .

[B]JAY NUXOLL [/B][EMAIL="
"], seriously Alfa diseased and ancient OLD Two Liter Lover, put together Seattle area's Northwest Alfa Romeo Club in 1965, and still feebly tries to tend a teeny sacred flame to his serpent mistress in the [B]ALFA G'RAJ MAHAL[/B], a home garage temple with more Alfa cars and parts than he dare list because of the disapproval of his shamed and chagrined family. (425) 641-2600.

Last edited by twoliterlover; 07-26-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: correcting the Latin.
post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoliterlover View Post
Can you guys just get done with all the drivel and post some photos of the car at the concours. .
We tried, most of mine already posted, but some troll keeps ringing the danged dinner bell.

I for one would love to see not one more word from him, but he can enter the oven if he wishes.
Attached Images

Last edited by RC Hiatt; 07-26-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Wasn't it 400 degrees for a few hours? Days? until done
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoliterlover View Post
Can you guys just get done with all the drivel and post some photos of the car at the concours. I did see the 2600 from Vancouver and believed it special. Can you imagine he and Tubot drove that car down and back? But I was there only for the time trials with Tom who drove a tz that Sterling Moss used to own. It was NOT in the concours, nor were the 8c2600 Monza of Novolari or even my resprayed two liter. Sorry I couldn't see everything, but Tom had to go to the Mission BC vintage races too on Friday.

Stu, please desist on your comments about the convention. It's over, and it was great. I wish I had stayed there so I could have calmly paid for the various events for you. I had hoped you would not try to slip in without making those payments so necessary to cover costs of the local club that had to put on the event and HAVE NOTHING TO DO WHATEVER WITH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE NATIONAL. So, please do not continue making people dislike you. We need your comments on the BB when it comes to history of Alfa vehicles. I am very grateful to you for proving good (almost priceless) information most of the time, at least a good point to start checking. You do not have to comment on every post made by everybody, however. Remember the old Latin maxim: "Si tacuisset, philophus permansisset" (if he had just shut, he would always have been considered a philospher). NOT ONE MORE COMMENT.

SOME PICTURES PLEASE . . .
Fine...not one more comment...on ANYTHING on this BB ever again...it's simply not worth my time and energy. People know how to get ahold of me via e-mail, and if they don't, it's [email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode