Now that there is a new BOD... - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Registered User
 
RC Hiatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NW Or & SW Wa
Posts: 1,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
Actually, it was my father that joined...with a "family" membership
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
You know what? I have no need or desire to defend myself to a bunch of people that are as f-ed up as Olczyk! I will tell you all this however; any more personal attacks WILL be met with a lawsuit!
Contradictions and threats are getting old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
If the majority of people want me to stop posting completely on this BB I am happy to comply with their desires! I can correspond by e-mail with the few people who post here that matter to me...
Thanks! Or simply stop your behavior exhibited by the last several threads on the subject. As he says, play nice (or go).

Todays toy count: 2012 Challenger, 97 SVT Cobra conv, 74 BMW r60/6, 52 Chevy Styleline Deluxe, (last of 12 previous Alfa's now gone).

Last edited by RC Hiatt; 07-25-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Charm School 101 - No class today?
RC Hiatt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Registered User
 
Zunige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nutley/NJ & Middletown/OH, USA
Posts: 6,087
Despicable behavior, despicable lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
If you don't like what I have to say, ignore it...but it seems many of you want the "benefit" of many of my posts...and only attack the ones that do not meet AROC "agenda" or the attacker's personal agenda...
Your behavior is absolutely despicable... You went to the AROC convention and then claimed that you were the victim of "politics". Those "politics" were that you paid only the basic registration fee and "forgot" to tell the registrar all the other events that you were planning to attend and did participate in. Obviously, a few hours after registering you didn't have any memory problems, but you "forgot" to read the huge sign for the Ron Tonkin bus. And that set the tone for the rest of you participation in the events... Now you come to this Board posting that you want the AROC "politics" resolved, which turns out to mean that you want the convention organizing chapter to return to you the published fees that they charge for the events - or you will file a lawsuit?!

I will not ignore your posts. Any and every time you post lies on the BB about the AROC I will set the record straight. Of course, to you, posting the truth constitutes attacking the posts that don't meet the AROC "agenda". It's a good thing that I attended the entire convention and observed your behavior first hand, because before then, I didn't realize how well you had perfected your technique of participating in events without paying.

When I look back at what I first wrote, "Certainly everyone is welcome and encouraged to come out and enjoy what is always a great time, and I am also sure that many of us will truly enjoy meeting you..." in response to your question/thread "Can someone who is not an AROC member come?", I can only imagine what those who already knew you were thinking...

Even more disturbing is that you have no respect for other people's property. You made a big deal on this Board about how any vendor would want you to come out and check out their products. What you didn't say is that you wanted to check out their products when there was no one in the Vendor Room, and their products were covered by sheets. It's very clear that you have perfected that technique as well, for you waited for just the right moment, when vendors hurry off to get ready for the Saturday evening banquet... It takes much more than some serious lack of understanding to pull off the sheets covering the products when their owners are not present. Fortunately, you were caught in the act by the convention chairman, but him kicking you out constitutes anything but "politics".

Furthermore, you have no shame, as proven by you showing up the next morning and again, attempting to put into practice your perfected techniques at the Awards Brunch. It was quite obvious to me that you knew very well the set-up at the Awards Brunch: if you paid to have brunch, you sit at one of the tables; if you just want to attend the ceremony, you sit on one of the chairs arranged in a row. Of course, you didn't pay to have brunch, but that didn't stop you from sitting at one of the tables with an empty chair. What you didn't realize was that also sitting at that table was a BoD member who had stepped away. Yes, I heard your excuse for sitting at that empty chair, and I also saw you re-assessing the room layout, before you went for a second attempt, which having caught on to your game, I prevented. But on this BB you don't post the truth; you posted instead, referring to me being the only one having an issue with your game: "only YOU did...but rather than argue, I simply sat in the rear of the room". What, you were going to argue with me? "Politics"?

No convention organizer should ever have to worry about a character like you, before, during or after a convention.

Best regards to all,

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]

Last edited by Zunige; 07-26-2009 at 05:20 AM.
Zunige is offline  
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:04 AM
Senior Member
Gold Subscriber
 
rcess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Litchfield, CT
Posts: 898
Although I was unable to attend the convention, I understand that AROO did a terrific job in organizing said convention, and to do so required a tremendous effort by the AROO membership. How sad it is that one individual could have caused so much turmoil, that in turn placed unnecessary burdens on the already, I am sure, overworked organizers.

I have been a member of AROC for 23 years, have attended several conventions, and I have never heard of anything like this happening before. Can Mr. Schaller be banned from attending future AROC events?

Bob Cess
'59 Giulietta Sprint
'60 Giulietta Berlina
'62 Giulietta Spider
'69 Spider Veloce
rcess is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
Actually, it was my father that joined...with a "family" membership
Simply NOT true. There was no such thing as a "family" membership in 1958. The club was a group of guys helping each other service their Alfas. "Family" had nothing to do with the club. In 1958 no one knew our cars and we had no where to turn for service. Read the history of the AROC and how it came to be. Read the stated purpose: the primary service of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club is to disseminate technical information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
You know what? I have no need or desire to defend myself to a bunch of people that are as f-ed up as Olczyk! I will tell you all this however; any more personal attacks WILL be met with a lawsuit!
You are not scaring or fooling anyone. On Jan 30 2006 the Superior Court of California for the County of Orange filed a Judgment for Permanent Injunction and Damages in favor of Philippe Olczyk against Stuart Schaller. The plaintiff was awarded general damages of $200,000 and exemplary damages of $100,000. To avoid the judgment you fled from CA to UT and now you are in Portland, OR. You changed your location on the BB to "somewhere over the rainbow" to hide from Olczyk. If he can't find you, he can't exercise the judgment. If you had the upper hand, you wouldn't be hiding.

Greg
GAriste is offline  
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 6,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAriste View Post
Simply NOT true. There was no such thing as a "family" membership in 1958. The club was a group of guys helping each other service their Alfas. "Family" had nothing to do with the club. In 1958 no one knew our cars and we had no where to turn for service. Read the history of the AROC and how it came to be. Read the stated purpose: the primary service of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club is to disseminate technical information.


You are not scaring or fooling anyone. On Jan 30 2006 the Superior Court of California for the County of Orange filed a Judgment for Permanent Injunction and Damages in favor of Philippe Olczyk against Stuart Schaller. The plaintiff was awarded general damages of $200,000 and exemplary damages of $100,000. To avoid the judgment you fled from CA to UT and now you are in Portland, OR. You changed your location on the BB to "somewhere over the rainbow" to hide from Olczyk. If he can't find you, he can't exercise the judgment. If you had the upper hand, you wouldn't be hiding.
I am not hiding. Olczyk knows exactly where I am. I also got a "set-aside" of his judgement...it took this long to get it (I got it about a month ago), and apparently Olczyk is not aware of this, even though I sent an e-mail to "Bob" (one of his aliases) at his website. I am now pursuing a lawsuit for attacking my character, as is Patrick Italiano and others who Olczyk initially attacked and sued.


I would be happy to resolve my differences with AROC once and for all, but apparently they have to be "right"...so I am more than willing never to attend an AREOC event ever again. I still want the problems I have with the amount of money I payed for being a vendor at the concours and for paying for the model car contest settled before I do anything more, however...and I WILL take legal action against AROO and AROC if the are not within the next 7 days! NOT a threat, but a promise!

Last edited by dretceterini; 07-26-2009 at 06:46 AM.
dretceterini is offline  
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 6,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAriste View Post
Simply NOT true. There was no such thing as a "family" membership in 1958. The club was a group of guys helping each other service their Alfas. "Family" had nothing to do with the club. In 1958 no one knew our cars and we had no where to turn for service. Read the history of the AROC and how it came to be. Read the stated purpose: the primary service of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club is to disseminate technical information.


You are not scaring or fooling anyone. On Jan 30 2006 the Superior Court of California for the County of Orange filed a Judgment for Permanent Injunction and Damages in favor of Philippe Olczyk against Stuart Schaller. The plaintiff was awarded general damages of $200,000 and exemplary damages of $100,000. To avoid the judgment you fled from CA to UT and now you are in Portland, OR. You changed your location on the BB to "somewhere over the rainbow" to hide from Olczyk. If he can't find you, he can't exercise the judgment. If you had the upper hand, you wouldn't be hiding.
On Olczyk's website he posted the initial results of his lawsuit but also listed the judgement as being against my wife too. Part of my lawsuit against him is the fact that my wife was not involved in any manner. I have requested he remove my wife's name, but he has done nothing about it...defaming my wife's character without any reason whatsoever!
dretceterini is offline  
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered User
 
Zunige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nutley/NJ & Middletown/OH, USA
Posts: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcess View Post
Although I was unable to attend the convention, I understand that AROO did a terrific job in organizing said convention, and to do so required a tremendous effort by the AROO membership. How sad it is that one individual could have caused so much turmoil, that in turn placed unnecessary burdens on the already, I am sure, overworked organizers.

I have been a member of AROC for 23 years, have attended several conventions, and I have never heard of anything like this happening before. Can Mr. Schaller be banned from attending future AROC events?
The AROO did do a terrific job, and went out of their way to make sure we had fun. For example, I have never had any interest in rallies, but the AROO is well known for being one of the few chapters with very accomplished Rally Masters. Hence, I participated in the TSD rally series. It was very clear that if the many AROO members who organized and worked the rallies, putting on the Rally school, manning the checkpoints, scoring the events, etc. had decided to participate, they would have walked away with every award. Instead, they worked and guided us, so we got to truly enjoy the series and got the awards!

Convention participants are some of the nicest and most interesting people you can meet. My wife had no interest in attending conventions, but now will not miss one, precisely because she gets to meet great people, who create a truly fun and memorable experience. No one pulls the kind of shenanigans that this one character pulled, and to answer your question: yes, of course... (I'll send you a PM.)

Best regards,

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]
Zunige is offline  
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Registered User
 
Alex Csank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Vankleek Hill, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 5,799
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
My, my, my Stu .....methinks you require the "ultimate face-palm"!
Attached Images
 

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca

Last edited by Alex Csank; 07-26-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Alex Csank is offline  
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Registered User
 
Zunige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nutley/NJ & Middletown/OH, USA
Posts: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
...so I am more than willing never to attend an AREOC event ever again. I still want the problems I have with the amount of money I payed for being a vendor at the concours and for paying for the model car contest settled before I do anything more, however...and I WILL take legal action against AROO and AROC if the are not within the next 7 days! NOT a threat, but a promise!
So you are threatening to take legal action against the organizing chapter (AROO) and the national organization (AROC) for being charged the published convention fees, as a result of the organizers finding out that you participated in activities for which you did not register and did not pay the published fee until confronted by the registrar?

Best regards,

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]
Zunige is offline  
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
... I was one of the VERY early members, first joining the old Chicago Chapter in 1958!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunige View Post
Oh, really? So you were born on October 18, 1947 and in 1958 you joined the old Chicago Chapter, when you were 11 years old? I can tell you have a real background in applied mathematics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
Actually, it was my father that joined...with a "family" membership
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAriste View Post
Simply NOT true. There was no such thing as a "family" membership in 1958. The club was a group of guys helping each other service their Alfas. "Family" had nothing to do with the club. In 1958 no one knew our cars and we had no where to turn for service. Read the history of the AROC and how it came to be. Read the stated purpose: the primary service of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club is to disseminate technical information.
I noticed that you got caught in a lie by Zunige's question. You modified your claim. Then I caught you in a lie with your modified answer. You have commented on everything but, the statement that was challenged. Do you know what the word "truthful" means? No, sure you don't, you are still working on the "D"s. You are stuck on "deformation" with no hope of getting to the "T"s.

Greg
GAriste is offline  
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered User
 
RC Hiatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NW Or & SW Wa
Posts: 1,795
Its looking more and more to me like a serious health issue is at work here. I wonder if it isn't best to stand back and let professionals deal with it. Also some on AROC and the bb may want to consider a restraint order and pray for a speedy recovery, however unlikely that appears.

Todays toy count: 2012 Challenger, 97 SVT Cobra conv, 74 BMW r60/6, 52 Chevy Styleline Deluxe, (last of 12 previous Alfa's now gone).

Last edited by RC Hiatt; 07-26-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: I'm invisible la la la la. Zero to here in around 6000 postals
RC Hiatt is offline  
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 130
Phud Phud Phud

Dude says, "I have requested he remove my wife's name, but he has done nothing about it...defaming my wife's character without any reason whatsoever!"

I'm sure your wife is a delightful person to be with, unlike the woman I saw at the convention registration desk after the first tour, haranguing the helpless but concerned volunteer registration worker about the lunch she and her husband (a pudgy, yeasty-faced guy who was also complaining) got that day. The woman had an English accent and was saying that, "In her country, people would never dare to treat her like that," or words to that effect. No idea who she was, but she was being so nasty to the desk worker, I nearly intervened to say that if they were so unhappy about the lunch they got, they could bite me. And see what happened.

See, I'm normally a really easy guy to get along with. Really easy. Never done anything like this, and probably never will again. But when some jerk is attacking my friends, or any people who have manifestly good intentions from good hearts and are working so hard for the common good, it taps into memories of exploitation I witnessed in Vietnam and as a photojournalist another 16 years around Asia, much of it by citizens of impotent former colonial powers attempting to continue the cycle of domination. They were such losers there, and here. I will not tolerate that.

By continuing your fantastical, preposterous attacks and threats, I think you hope to steal the memories and feelings we carry from what was overall, a marvelous convention. You need to steal that from us? Is that what gratifies you? Makes you feel important, like that "Prof. Emeritus, Phud Phud Phud" fabrication, does it? Seems kind of like a blow fly being the focus of attention at a picnic, unable to conceive that it is known for what it is, and that it is being shown the back of a hand, rapidly descending.

Actually, in a less laid-back city than Portland, with volunteers of less excellence, in a population less accommodating and welcoming than the vast majority of AROO/AROC attendees, I know of several incidents that would have resulted in certain people being shown the door and told to stay away. You blather on about rejoining AROC, though again you insist that they make some special agreement with you, and that would imply that you may attempt to affiliate with AROO, since apparently you live in the Portland neighborhood of Lents. Now wouldn't that be something. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend it, but that's rational advice, something you seem unable to process.

Had they seen him, the hotel could easily have called the police on whoever that uncouth lout who was seen stuffing his face at the $26-for-everyone-else seafood buffet, and throwing crayfish tails in the floor. No b.s., just hand cuffs and a back seat ride to join his true peers in the clink. I wish they had; glad that wasn't you, dude.

I'm done with you. But should you try to insinuate yourself into any further AROO events, I will not have forgotten.

Joe Cantrell
Sono lento, ma sono brutto
agiyo is offline  
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered User
 
Alex Csank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Vankleek Hill, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 5,799
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Hmmm...Lents, huh? Is that where I saw this sign?
Attached Images
 

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
Alex Csank is offline  
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 6,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunige View Post
So you are threatening to take legal action against the organizing chapter (AROO) and the national organization (AROC) for being charged the published convention fees, as a result of the organizers finding out that you participated in activities for which you did not register and did not pay the published fee until confronted by the registrar?

Best regards,
Nope, there is NOTHING ANYWHERE about there being a $200 fee for vendors at the concours; only for the vendor room, and it wasn't mentioned at all in any of the e-mails up and back between Neil and myself before the event. I am willing to split the difference and get $100 of the $200 I paid back.

The only thing that was clear was that the swap meet at the race track would be free.

The models show was supposed to be SEPERATE EVENT from the art show, and was NOT judged as such. I simply want the $20 entry fee I paid back, or some sort of award.
dretceterini is offline  
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 6,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by agiyo View Post
Dude says, "I have requested he remove my wife's name, but he has done nothing about it...defaming my wife's character without any reason whatsoever!"

I'm sure your wife is a delightful person to be with, unlike the woman I saw at the convention registration desk after the first tour, haranguing the helpless but concerned volunteer registration worker about the lunch she and her husband (a pudgy, yeasty-faced guy who was also complaining) got that day. The woman had an English accent and was saying that, "In her country, people would never dare to treat her like that," or words to that effect. No idea who she was, but she was being so nasty to the desk worker, I nearly intervened to say that if they were so unhappy about the lunch they got, they could bite me. And see what happened.

See, I'm normally a really easy guy to get along with. Really easy. Never done anything like this, and probably never will again. But when some jerk is attacking my friends, or any people who have manifestly good intentions from good hearts and are working so hard for the common good, it taps into memories of exploitation I witnessed in Vietnam and as a photojournalist another 16 years around Asia, much of it by citizens of impotent former colonial powers attempting to continue the cycle of domination. They were such losers there, and here. I will not tolerate that.

By continuing your fantastical, preposterous attacks and threats, I think you hope to steal the memories and feelings we carry from what was overall, a marvelous convention. You need to steal that from us? Is that what gratifies you? Makes you feel important, like that "Prof. Emeritus, Phud Phud Phud" fabrication, does it? Seems kind of like a blow fly being the focus of attention at a picnic, unable to conceive that it is known for what it is, and that it is being shown the back of a hand, rapidly descending.

Actually, in a less laid-back city than Portland, with volunteers of less excellence, in a population less accommodating and welcoming than the vast majority of AROO/AROC attendees, I know of several incidents that would have resulted in certain people being shown the door and told to stay away. You blather on about rejoining AROC, though again you insist that they make some special agreement with you, and that would imply that you may attempt to affiliate with AROO, since apparently you live in the Portland neighborhood of Lents. Now wouldn't that be something. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend it, but that's rational advice, something you seem unable to process.

Had they seen him, the hotel could easily have called the police on whoever that uncouth lout who was seen stuffing his face at the $26-for-everyone-else seafood buffet, and throwing crayfish tails in the floor. No b.s., just hand cuffs and a back seat ride to join his true peers in the clink. I wish they had; glad that wasn't you, dude.

I'm done with you. But should you try to insinuate yourself into any further AROO events, I will not have forgotten.
I have NO desire or intention to ever go to any AROO event again, but I DO want my $20 model show entry fee back or an award, and I also want at least half of the $200 I paid for being a vendor at the concours back, as I was told the only vendor fee would be if I purchsed a space in the vendor room. I also have no intention at this point to become a momber of AROC unless they give me a written contact stating I will be paid for articles I write for the Owner. Years I ago I wrote MANY articles and didn't get paid a cent...in effect, AROC actually owes me about $2500 for articles I wrote in the period of circa 1978 to circa 1994.
dretceterini is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome