Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Paint Systems: A tempest in a Teapot
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by GoldCloverLeaf
Is rubbing back layers of base and clear coat before applying new layers called 'flow-coating’? I here this term used a lot with show cars but i never fully understood how it was done?
I have not heard the term before, but a quick google results in the following definition. "In flow coating, the part is suspended, and the coating is poured over it. The excess material drips off and is collected for reuse." The site has more info on it. It may be an American vs Australian english thing as well.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Vantaaj is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome