Well its home!
I have to say, like nothing I have ever driven. A very interesting quirky car.
- Car drove better and better as I went, product of it sitting for months I am sure. Engine pulls strong, sounds great, way faster than I expected. Transmission is fine, clutch is fine, a little tough to get into reverse, but probably just need to get used to it. Suspension feels great, BUT I realized I was wrong the electronics do not work, there is a red light between the AUTO and SPORT buttons. Steering felt great as well. The battery keeps dying on it after a week (cousin said), but same deal may be from sitting, will check to see if there is some sort of draw. Battery may just be shot. I would say mechanically the car is near perfect (barring the oil pressure senders), it drives far better than it looks. (pending speaking to the mechanic about when the last timing belt change is of course)
- Trip odometer seems to stick, regular odometer works though (only 81k miles!). Speedo sticks as well, its like stuck on 18mph, then it will pop up to normal, then sometimes drop. Also when I stopped for gas the rear defroster turned off, then I pressed the brake again and it turned back on. Has an aftermarket radio that doesn't turn on.
- Interior is pretty thrashed. The seats while the cushioning feels great and aren't ripped are very worn. I may be able to rehab the rears, but the fronts likely need to be recovered. Everything seems to work (didn't try heaters, it was 85* out!). Leather is worn and damaged on drivers door, everything needs a real good bath, carpet is shot. Buttons and controls are all ok.
- the A/C works!! I turned it on, didn't hear the sound from the other day, the fans blow fine, but it was warm. It stayed kinda ambient/warm for about 5 minutes then suddenly ice cold. My cousin said he never used the AC in the car, looks like it was converted to R134a (has a blue cap underhood), but it works, and the vents all blow.
- The alarm remotes are gone, only have 1 key, and a tiny key which I assume is for the alarm . The alarm seems to be disabled, central locking works though. Theres a key hole on the dash, is that for the alarm?
- Whats up with the trunk? If I press the button on the dash to pop the trunk, I need to physically stick the key in and lock it for it to close and stay closed. Thats annoying.
So far so good. Need to register it this week or next.