Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
So I finally saw it today. Tried to observe and photograph as much as I could.
- The electronic suspension seems to work. Light was lit green over AUTO, hit sport and it switched to sport. I am surprised didn't think that was gonna work.
- Turned on the A/C when the fan etc came on it made some weird noises, I am assuming thats that stepper motor problem that I saw.
- Has an aftermarket radio, it doesn't turn on.
- You will note in gauge pics there is no oil pressure and the light is on. If you rev the motor the needle moves a bit. In terms of actual running the motor runs smooth, sounds fine, no ticking or anything, so I tend to believe it does have oil pressure and there is some sensor issue. There are two pics of the gauges, one is right when I started it, the other is after about 30 seconds or so, all the lights turned off at that point except brake (because the ebrake was on). The car had been running for about 30 minutes prior.
- Factory alarm remotes may be gone. The alarm is definitely off because you can just lock and unlock the car with the key.
- The only real rust/rot I found was the passenger rear 1/4. You can see the hole, also the lump in the side and rot under the gas cap. This is clearly an issue, I am guessing I'll need a whole new 1/4 to truly repair this. Anyone got one?
- Otherwise suspension mounts seemed to be ok. See the pics. Car felt solid, jack points were good I used them to lift the car. There is a rot hole in the trunk where the spare goes (pictured)
- Clearly it has an oil leak as well. I didn't drive it, but keep in mind this car was serviced at a top Alfa mechanic in Baldwin, and they knew my uncle like family. I am gonna call them tomorrow to see if they can give me any service history on the car.
I think looking at everything its probably a worthy project starting point, thoughts?
-RL; 1991 Alfa Romeo 164S, 2014 Mercedes Benz E350 4Matic, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS, 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, 1995 Volkswagen Golf (Race Car)
Last edited by Rogue Leader; 07-08-2018 at 03:20 PM.