Left (driver's side) Headlamp Relay - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisto Steve View Post
Point of info there aren't any headlight relays behind headlights on 94-95 models anyway.

Remember different models have different configurations.
Hi Steve,

What is the AMP rating of I49 low beam relay? Is it 30A? My relay has the cover missing and no way to find out. For '96 24V.

Current:: '96 Alfa Romeo 164 Super V6 24V || '93 Alfa Romeo 33 1.5IE || '74 Holden HQ SS || '87 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser 5.0 V8 || '72 Volkswagen Beetle || '97 Nissan Sunny 2.0D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:20 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuseetha View Post
Hi Steve,

What is the AMP rating of I49 low beam relay? Is it 30A? My relay has the cover missing and no way to find out. For '96 24V.
It is same 20A relay as I50 hi-beam just below it in fuse box. Also the same relay as I12 front window and I13 rear window relays in top row.

It should have MP symbol with B047 7686773 20A printed on cover of those other 3 similar relays. AR# is 60800552.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Lakeland, Florida
Virginia Beach, Virginia
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Maintenance Sticky:

Alfa Semi-Daily driver: USA model - BB2 1991 164S Black Beauty II ALFISTO [U]

[U] BB1 1991 164L w/S engine and A/T now excess to inventory [U]

Daily driver and parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 12:13 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisto Steve View Post
It is same 20A relay as I50 hi-beam just below it in fuse box. Also the same relay as I12 front window and I13 rear window relays in top row.

It should have MP symbol with B047 7686773 20A printed on cover of those other 3 similar relays. AR# is 60800552.
Thank you very much Steve

Current:: '96 Alfa Romeo 164 Super V6 24V || '93 Alfa Romeo 33 1.5IE || '74 Holden HQ SS || '87 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser 5.0 V8 || '72 Volkswagen Beetle || '97 Nissan Sunny 2.0D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 12:30 PM

Garage
Many cars on the road now have blindingly bright white headlights. In self defence I finally broke down, bought and installed a set of 'Sylvania silverstar ultra 9004 SU/2 NIP' off eBay for $24. I have not driven the car at night since they were installed but they both work. Apparently they have a reputation for not being long lasting headlight bulbs. Maybe they will only last 240 hours of use or something like that. When I remove the old Sylvania's, one had a date code of March 1996! Perhaps that explains why they seemed so dim...I saved the old bulbs just incase it needs a spare.

When changing the right front bulb, I noticed that the grey plastic had some evidence of discoloration. It looks like the female connector has been slightly overheated. Would this indicate a bad ground or a bad connection? When I had the engine and transmission out for its 130K service, all grounds were cleaned and a coating of dielectric grease or Vaseline was applied. Hopefully that will take care of any issue. It appears, or something else seems to have cured an issue with the radio antenna, which would consume a fuse each time it went up or down but now seems to work as designed.

Mark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode