Alfa Romeo Forums banner

New York Alfa Romeo mechanic shops?

20K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  Alfa72NY 
#1 ·
Hello fellow New Yorkers i'm new to the state and was wondering if there were any good mechanic shops you would recommend? In my Alfa owner magazine i noticed there is a shop called Alfa auto clinic in Baldwin, NY and another shop called Alfa import center in Ridgewood, NY what are your experiances with these shops?

#2 ·
Reposting from earlier link.

Hello fellow NYAROC'ers. My Alfa is way out on the east end of Long Island (Shelter Island). I am looking for recommendations for mechanics/garages with whom I can trust my 74 Spider. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Fiat500Abarth
#5 ·
Alfa Auto Clinic

I take all 5 of my Italian cars to Alfa Auto Clinic in Baldwin. It's an hour drive west from where I'm at, but it's worth it. Owner Giuseppe is a great guy and he's got several fantastic mechanics working with him. Prices are very reasonably. Every time I go I have a fantastic time talking cars and drinking wine with the other owners who come just to hang out there!! Here are some photos from last time I was there. Don't be put off by the messy shop and parts room. You car will be treated with care by people who love Italian cars.

#6 ·
Alfiat said:
I take all 5 of my Italian cars to Alfa Auto Clinic in Baldwin. It's an hour drive west from where I'm at, but it's worth it. Owner Giuseppe is a great guy and he's got several fantastic mechanics working with him. Prices are very reasonably. Every time I go I have a fantastic time talking cars and drinking wine with the other owners who come just to hang out there!! Here are some photos from last time I was there. Don't be put off by the messy shop and parts room. You car will be treated with care by people who love Italian cars.
Fred: What's the troube with your Yelllow Diablo? ;)

#7 ·
The trouble is I don't have one :p
Mine is the middle if you look hard.

#9 ·
Any one the East End of Long Island, i.e. post exit 60 or so on the L.I.E. (Usually when I need someone it includes a tow sos some of these suggestions are out of range)? Thanks again.

#10 ·
The only place I can think of out there is the place on 27 just after the Hess station (same side of the street) before B-Hampton. I don't know the place, nor the owner and have never had any work done there. But there's always a couple of Spiders in various state of decay, not to mention TR6's Jags and other fun toys. Check them out.

P.S. There's a '67 Duetto from Heampstead that religiously drives/tows his car to Queens when needed.

#11 ·
Yes, I pass that place often.
Many rare cars sitting outside rusting away.
I hope they are not customers cars waiting for repairs for months....

Every Sunday morning there is a gathering of very rare cars that meet for breakfast in East Hampton at the Old Stone Market. Perhaps if you went down there and asked some of those guys they could point you in the right direction.

#14 ·
I bought my car from a guy named Santo.

Alfa Import Center and Alfa AutoClinic are both good.

As far as Alfa shops not in Long Island, check out Domenick's in White Plains, Westchester (where I got my car from Santo). They know a ton and are always helpful. Although they are pretty busy.

#16 ·
The place on Rt 27 in Bridgehampton is called "Sunset Auto at Corrigan's" (631) 537-3843, the owner of the shop is named Steve. He has done some work for me, and I have found him to be pleasant and helpful. Steve's brother has a used car operation on the same lot, and they also have a Hertz franchise for rental cars.

I have also used Alfa Import Center for more major work, and can say that they are great, if not a little far away.

#20 · (Edited)
add my huzzahs to Alfa Import Center (Queens, and also does race/track day setup, he maintains his own '6 and a GTA, and has been the wrench for my '6, a dual purpose street and track day cfor years), Alfa Auto Clinic (Baldwin) and Dominics (White Plains) but if you do not mind going somewhat far afield, there is Eurotech in Livingston, NJ - the Colassaco brothers) and Alfas Unlimited, Kieth Goring, in Norfolk CT, about 35 min from Lime Rock). All very knowlegeable and good folks (speaking from first hand experience with all of them over the 18 years that I've had my '6).

you can see Giuseppe's (Alfa Import Center) '6 on his website and the '6 and the GTA at the Glen and Lime Rock with PDA

#21 ·
silverspider said:
Any one the East End of Long Island, i.e. post exit 60 or so on the L.I.E. (Usually when I need someone it includes a tow sos some of these suggestions are out of range)? Thanks again.
I have had very good luck with "The Car Doctor" in Bridgehampton...just off Scuttle Hole Road. The owner, Ryan Pilla, had a '86 Spider Quad reno that was written up - he has a sweet spot for Alfa's even though he also happens to restore exotics.

631-537-1548

#23 ·
th0th said:
Anyone ever use alfredo's in Larchmont?
We bought our 1981 GTV6 there. Brand new. My father took it there for a bit but they were idiots. Manual disappeared, they never fixed our oil leak. All pre 1985 mind you. Starting taking it all the way out to Bobcor instead and now do all our own work for the most part.

As far as Westcester goes Domenicks is your best bet. Last I heard Alfredos was selling Izuzus and had some trashy 164s for sale.

#24 ·
For race car prep, service and maintenance try Eurotech Motors. They are in East Hanover, NJ 1-973-992-2800. Not cheap but you will be very satisfied with the results. They service TI Super race cars, GTA's, TZ-1, 6C3000Cm, GTAm, T33's, Montreals, Ferrari, Lambo, Lancia, Talbot Lago. Speak with Mario or Paulo. Good Luck with your search.

Also, if you need tows often or even occasionally you should consider AAA Plus, that includes 100 mile free towing 4 times a year per cardholder. Comes in very handy sometimes.

#25 ·
hello

hey everyone i took my 84 spider to alfa clinic in baldwin there good reasonable price and quick i had my spider sitting for 3 yrs took it there and in a week was running beautiful but i live far from there so i dont always take it there but they are very good they have ton of spiders and other itailain cars like lambos. etc... but there are very good