Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Adventures in Transmission Rebuilding or Transmissions for Dummies!!
View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Vintre
Gold Subscriber

Jon,

Great thread. I am sure that I will use it in the future when I am crazy enough to try and rebuild my transmission. For now, thankfully, I dont have any issues and hope that day is far, far away.

I did however use your thread to re-seal my transmission as the seams were leaking.

It is a great step by step even for just a re seal, but I did get stuck at one point trying to get the transmission end off.

Tonight I see that another BB member had the exact same issue and feel a bit guilty I didnt post for others and save them some aggrevation.

So to clear my conscious and hopefully help future users, here are a few steps that I hope will help.

Remove the rubber washer and 2 sliding plates.
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2662
Size:  49.1 KB

Pull up on this plate. Its in there pretty tight as its a press fit, but nothing else is holding onto it, so pull up and remove.
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2563
Size:  43.0 KB

Remove this final ring by pulling it up and out. It is keyed so you will be able to put it back correctly.
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2576
Size:  33.6 KB

Note the washers on the sides of the shifter. The driver side has a thick washer and the passenger side has a thin washer plus a wave washer. They have to be re installed the same way.
Name:  5.jpg
Views: 2629
Size:  53.4 KB

1991 Spider Veloce - Red on Tan - Rosa Bionda
1987 Spider Quadrifoglio - Red on Grey - Rosa - Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honey, this is the last thing I have to do, then I'm finished. It'll just be a minute.

Last edited by Vintre; 03-14-2012 at 05:55 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome