Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - AROSC Driving School, Feb 18-19, Streets of Willow
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Bruce Colby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeflyride View Post
I attended the AROSC Driving School for race drivers last year and it was a very worthwhile experience. I had already completed the NASA Driving Concepts school, but I still gained a great deal at the AROSC school. I especially liked the many, many practice starts whereby students were placed at various locations on the grid having to deal with different circumstances at the front, middle or rear. Much time was spent on the wet skid path which was hugely revealing. The several practice "fire escapes" from your car showed how to best get out in a hurry. There was much more and all was well directed and manned by the very knowledgeable and friendly AROSC instructors/staff.

R.M.
Just so you'll know, the above comment relates to Race School. We don't do practice starts in TT or Street Performance.

However, this year for the first time, TT students will be getting an introduction into on-track passing. Passing is now a significant part of our TT events so we want our drivers to know how to pass and be passed without losing a lot of time. We also want them to know how to do it safely.

Bruce Colby - Street = '69 1750 GTV/TS; Track = '65 SGT/TS, '89 E30, '72 914/6
gone to new homes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- '71 Jr. Z, '69 1750 Spider, '62 Spider

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome