Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa Spotting!!!

567K views 2K replies 439 participants last post by  Norton Guy 
#1 ·
Upload pictures here from spotting Alfas on route, parked on the street, or whatever.

When I was driving the 164s, the other day, i spotted this beauty and pulled out my camera phone as i passed it...

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
Saw a red S3 Spider turn onto Telegraph Road near Pontiac, Michigan yesterday.

Today I saw a grey Milano heading south on Campbell Road near Royal Oak, Michigan.

I haven't seen an Alfa on public roads in months, then I see two in one week! :cool:

#29 ·
Bill77 said:
Saw a white Duetto with a roll bar this evening on Hines Drive near Dearborn Heights. That's three Alfas in one week!

There were lots of classic cars out this evening.
Did it have Panasports on it? If so, it was probably John Hoards car, the same car that you may have seen at the autocross a few weeks ago.

I spotted a Late model Spider with a bride and groom in it last weekend in downtown AA. Also saw a 164

#31 ·
Don't have any pictures, but I saw a Giulia Coupe in Astoria, OR parked on the side of the street. It was in good shape and for sale, but alas I don't have the money, Alfa Romeo technical know-how or tools right now to take care of a car like that. Several years ago in Virginia Beach, while driving dad's Milano Verde, I passed a blue non-verde, and gave them a honk. I think they were as surprised to see another Milano as I was. Here in Seattle you see the occasional spider. Did a double take when I saw a grey GTV parked on the street in the Fremont area of Seattle over the weekend. I went on a Latin Club trip to Italy in 2000, and saw tons of Alfa's. With no other Alfisti in the group no one understood why I got all excited everytime I saw one. I think I took almost as many pictures of new Alfas as I did Roman ruins. With all the little fiats and motor scooters running around it made the Alfa's that much more beautiful.

#32 ·
77SpideRacer said:
Did it have Panasports on it? If so, it was probably John Hoards car, the same car that you may have seen at the autocross a few weeks ago.
Jeff, I think it was the same car that was autocrossing. I didn't see the wheels -- he was headed in the opposite direction in heavy traffic. Driver was probably in his 50's.

#33 · (Edited)
Another white on white story. I spotted another white 164 like mine in a law office parking lot the other day. Couple days later I drove by again taking my daughter to soccer camp just as owner walking from lot to office. Boy did he do a double take looking at us in my white 164. I think I met his wife a couple years ago as I was house hunting and white 164 was in open garage so I stopped and visited with her. They had recently moved to VB from SF, CA. I also talked to his mechanic last spring when they were doing a clutch change. Pretty sure same owner, same car.

As we returned from soccer camp at noon that same day I he spotted us we passed on same street white to white as he must have been going to lunch. One small Alfa world I say. What are the odds of this happening again today. Very small because I am using truck to haul fencing today.

Stay tuned going to soccer camp again this morning.

#34 ·
Someone in the Los Altos area has a nice looking Ocre or Piper Yellow (always get them mixed up) GTV...I've seen it exiting 280 at El Monte in the past, and just this morning saw it turning off of San Antonio to head towards downtown Los Altos....didn't get a pic however.

#38 · (Edited)
Detour photos

Ok, it's not an Alfa...or is it? Maybe it's Alfa's stealth re-entery into the US or their secret test mule. Anyways, this is a picture thread and I don't see a lot of pictures and we did drive by, stop and shoot this so I'm including it.

Odd coincidence. My friend picks me up to go see the Batman movie and he says he just drove by the batmobile up the street. So I of course say show me...wait let me get my camera first. Why batman was parked outside a dry cleaners off Montana Ave. in Santa Monica I don't know.

Attachments

#43 ·
It's funny that the Batmobile has Super Swamper TSL's. I guess it's so he can not only stop criminals, but also rescue people who are stuck in the mud.

#46 ·
Spotted a red Guilia or Guilietta Spider going west on Five Mile Road in Northville, Michigan today around noon. I waved and gave a thumbs-up, but the driver probably didn't notice since I was in my non-Alfa.

#47 ·
elite38868 said:
Upload pictures here from spotting Alfas on route, parked on the street, or whatever.

When I was driving the 164s, the other day, i spotted this beauty and pulled out my camera phone as i passed it...
That black Milano is **** near exactly like mine. I'll post some pictures of Alfas around here. There's one Milano (well, two if you count mine), a few 164's (I'd say 6-8), a GTV6, a Duetto (that's been at the local Ferrari dealer for a looong time now), a REALLY nice GTV and a bunch of Spiders. Those are just cars I see driving around.. I'm sure there are more that just sit there, and more that I don't see. They're pretty uncommon here though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.