Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - AROSC Time Trial/Race Safety Issues
View Single Post
post #83 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 08:01 PM
jdeacon

vehicle tech policy 2011

Am I the only one who [today] cannot seem to access the tech-form intended for this May's Buttonwillow event?
http://www.aroschpd.org/events/2011/may2011_tech.pdf

And while I suspended my Alfa-club membership recently, I still am hoping to participate and have a suggestion regarding self-tech. But maybe there is one aspect of the technical/safety inspection that could be discussed.
1. Some seasoned drivers [most obvious are AROSC-Licensed 'race' drivers] seem to be fully capable of self-tech.
2. Some begining or 2nd/3rd/4th time HPDE or TT participants probably are not yet ready for self-tech and will not attempt this.
3. There are a group of in-betweeners who largely know their vehicle really well and have paid/watched a handful of times while their vehicle has been tech-inspected by a 3rd party. THIS is the issue that could be addressed.

The AROSC drivers/race schools could cover these issues and essentially approve those individuals who want to begin using self-tech forms. Maybe HPDE students could be 'certified' for 8 or 9 months, TT-students could be certified for 18 months, and race drivers for 36 months or more . . .
Its just one idea, and I hope it triggers a little discussion.

S-2000; metallic gray
Jeff

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome