Alfa Autobus 140A, 900A ad scans - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Alfa Autobus 140A, 900A ad scans

I got these ad brochers for Alfa buses in a lot of Alfa books, shop manuals, and sales material recently.

The 140A is an urban bus, six cylinder diesel, 12.5 liters, 140-150 HP. Note the split driveshafts leading to the dual rear axles. Even has an Alfa shield grille.

The 900A is a "GT" intercity or urban bus. Love the roll-back roof and stylized front end, but no Alfa grille. Six cylinder diesel, 9.5 lilters, 130 HP.

I'd guess late 1950s?

Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Autobus 140 A.pdf (184.4 KB, 818 views)
File Type: pdf Autobus 900 A.pdf (162.3 KB, 730 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:55 PM

Hi Andrew, The 140A sales sheet shows a SIAI Marchetti body. It is from the early fifties (1951 if I'm correct). The 900A shows an Alfa with a Macchi body and is also from the early fifties (1952 if I'm correct). Nice items. Take good care of them since they represent an interesting part of the Alfa Romeo history.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Thank you. I have them in my big pile of Alfa brochures and marketing items.
Andrew

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 PM

Andrew,
do you have anything in your archive on Alfa busses Mille with under floor engine?
Martin-Mille Bartoletti
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 01:11 PM

Hello Andrea, I'm looking for pictures of buses and trolleybuses Alfa Romeo,
internal external, measured drawings, exterior and interior colors for any period, I need
build them in 1/43.
Thank you.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 01:32 AM

Hello,
someone is able to help me about datas of a very "mysterious" trolleybus, with Alfa Romeo frame, Ansaldo San Giorgio electric and body (probably) by Macchi?- It was built in 1950 for the former Czechoslovakian system of Most-Litvinov, Send in 1952 was scrapped in 1955 when the system turn into tramway.
It was a 2 axle type, with cosrrugate side panelsand roof, and with aluminium cab and rear.
I thank you all.
Alessandro
alcoalbeņteletu.it
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 09:05 AM

Hello, I'm aware of this trolleybus, reportedly mentioned in a couple of books, one in Czech language ("Atlas Troleijbusu" seems to report it - a photo? - as "Tipo 140 AF modificato, anno 1955, lung. 11m., N°115, accantonato 1959 (fine rete)" ) and an encyclopedia of trolleybusses. Unfortunately, I've never seen those books. If it had corrugated side panels, it should have had a SIAI body, but that's not confirmed clearly in the data I have.

I have it listed in an Ansaldo production listing as built in 1950, being a 3-axle (hence an AR140AF) long 12 metres, with a CST/II/1 controller type and an AU296, 136 HP engine. The local transportation company was named Severoceske Elektrarny, and a single unit was sold to them. The features seem to fit exactly what is reported about the 10 examples sold to Belgrade in 1949.

Despite having no picture of the Most trolleybus, descriptions seem to fit the models decribed here:

LamiereOndulate
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:03 PM

I am still looking for some pictures of Alfa Mille busses with the flat down/ horizontal Mille engine. I have a spare parts catalog in the meantime, thanks to Alessandra and her father of AFRA, but further fotos would be helpfull

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode