Rebuilding a Master Cylinder Tech Article - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Admin
Administrator

Rebuilding a Master Cylinder Tech Article

I was sent this tech article by Brian Wermeyer aka "ossodiseppia".

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/tech/Alfa-Romeo-MC-1969.htm

Thanks to Brian for a well written article!

Hopefully if others send in some articals I can make a dedicated tech article page.

Simon Mestas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Trained (ex)Professional
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Wow, GREAT article, osso!!!

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 11:07 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajam
Wow, GREAT article, osso!!!
Grazie

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 11:23 AM

Absolutly fabulous article!

I would also like to ask something

Can I get one of those 22 dual circuit master cilinders from any of you guys?

I can't find them in europe... aparently the dual circuit was mandatory in the states, but never arround here (at least with the standing pedals)...

That would be a great upgrade for my 20mm single circuit master cilinder!

Tomé Coelho
[b]Fábrica Italiana - TRsport[/b]
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 11:52 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tome coelho
Absolutly fabulous article!
Thank you.

Quote:
Can I get one of those 22 dual circuit master cilinders from any of you guys?
Try posting in the Alfa Romeo Parts For Sale & Wanted section. Papajam seems to have a collection of these things. It seems that every time one comes up for sale, he snaps it up.

Quote:
I can't find them in europe... aparently the dual circuit was mandatory in the states, but never arround here (at least with the standing pedals)...

That would be a great upgrade for my 20mm single circuit master cilinder!
You will need to redo the plumbing in your car to make this work.

Brian __________________________________

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 12:09 PM

Also spent the last hour surfing your restoration page and i find it inspirational.

Specialy the detail about some DIY work and materials.

I'll ask papajam to be kind to me (and my wallet )

Tomé Coelho
[b]Fábrica Italiana - TRsport[/b]
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Both International Auto Parts and Centerline are now carrying the 1969 US spec dual master cylinder, previously unavailable. I upgraded my 1966 single MC to the 69 dual years ago.
Good luck
Wil
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 01:10 PM

Rebuilding a 1" master cylinder

Can I add some information about the earlier 1" Girling cylinder. First of all it is not 1" it is 25 mm - mine measured 24.9 mm. With this in mind it was relatively straightforward for me to have a new piston/plunger made out of stock hydraulic chrome piston material. The seal kits are available from a few sources in the UK and assuming the remaining parts clean up OK you can make a nice job of the rebuild.
Attached Images

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 09:33 PM

Garage
Very useful article indeed! I will be using it this weekend when I rebuild my master cylinder. Thank you very much for posting this.

Ryan Baker
1979 Sprint Veloce, 1963 2600 Spider future project
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 07:59 AM

67 super ate system with booster upgrade questions?

My car has sat for the last 25 years and I am just starting on the brakes, I rebuilt the rear calipers and am starting the fronts...but the Bonaldi booter will most likely need to be done, as well as the master cylinder,an due to costs, is it advisable to go to a duel circuit? if so, what will i need and who should I start calling getting all the pricing and parts? Car is stock 1600, I will drive the car and want it to be reliable and safe. Any and all info would be great ....thank you all in advance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode