105 Floor Mounted pedals - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
105 Floor Mounted pedals

Hi

I am looking to change to hydraulic clutch set up - floor mount for RHD 1968 Giulia. I have had this image sent to me of 1750 assembly. Can anyone confirm whether this is suitable for a RHD and even shed some light on the process if you have undertaken the same?

thanks in advance

Jason
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 06:12 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Jason,

That pedal assembly is for a left hand drive car. And, someone put the pedal on backwards.

BTW, this is posted in the wrong forum.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks

What forum should it be in

Regards

Jason

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I sent you a PM.

Hi, I just sent you a PM.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 10:19 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Definitely not correct for RHD, 105 series.

RHD pedal system is so much simpler and elegant, but I cannot find a photo to show you sorry.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Hey guys,

I moved this thread to a more suitable section on the site.

Richard.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 07:27 AM

Garage
I've been looking for one of those to return my car (which was converted to RHD by a PO) back to its original LHD.

From what I can see on my car, the floorpan is cut exposing the right front chassis leg. The RHD pedal mount is inserted into the "U" channel of the chassis leg and bolted in place from the sides with the pedal "cranks" exposed with one on either side of the chassis leg. The master cylinders are bolted behind it either side of the leg and attached with clevis pins.

Of course mine wasn't original so I can't vouch for the authenticity of it but it appears to have been done with original Alfa RHD parts. Seems a simple design with less complexity than the LHD version.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 08:22 AM
Richard Jemison
Platinum Subscriber

Petal assembly

I`ve been holding on to this for longer than I care to remember.

I`ll sell it if someone needs it.

Send me a pm or email.

Rj
Attached Images

Richard Jemison
RJR Racing

"When you are dead you don`t know it.
Only those around you are distressed.
Same with stupid"
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 08:50 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Finding a cable clutch pedal box for LHD car should be pretty easy.

Brian __________________________________

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
RHD floor munted hydraulic clutch peddle assemnbly

Hi Richard- I would be interested in taking this off your hands- please send details to jason@la4.co.nz

Thanks

Jason
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 11:46 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoguspuss View Post
Hi Richard- I would be interested in taking this off your hands- please send details to jason@la4.co.nz

Thanks

Jason
Richard's pedal box is for a LHD not RHD as you require. Again the RHD pedal box is so much better and simpler ... wish I knew where mine was so I could take a photo!!

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions

Last edited by PSk; 06-15-2017 at 02:29 AM.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Pete , mis- interpreted posts, will keep looking
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:53 AM

Garage
Hi Richard I'm interested, sending you a PM to sort it out.

Hoguspuss, once I've gotten a LHD pedal box in hand I'd be willing to remove mine and offer it up... I'd ask for a bit of patience as I'm in the middle of some work training that will be keeping me away from home quite a bit. Have this weekend but there's a wedding involved too so my schedule is swamped for a week or so.

Once out of the car and cleaned up a bit I'll post photos to ensure its exactly what you're after vis a vis originality.

Last edited by Aviatore; 06-14-2017 at 05:00 AM.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 05:54 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to cucinando
Attached (admittedly poor) photo of the RHD pedal box. This from a car converted to hydraulic clutch, note the return spring (top of the pic) and narrow haft on the clutch pedal, so i guess it's a different pedal(?). I haven't ever seen a mech clutch pedal except in the parts book drawing and it looks quite different there.

RHD cars enjoy the simplicity of the whole thing sitting astride the chassis rail, rather than offset as the LHD version.

As I understand it (I've yet to reassemble this, so more experienced hands please chime in) this section of the hydraulic clutch conversion entails a longer bolt through the chassis rail to hold both master cylinders (each side of the chassis rail). Then there's all the stuff at the slave end which i haven't even started having nightmares about yet...
Attached Images

Gavin Cooke
'66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (project
)
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 06:23 AM

Hello,

Here are some pictures from a 2000 Berlina parts book that should be relevant.

Ciao

Ken
Attached Images

cucinando likes this.

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
ex- 1965 GTA, RHD, Corsa, Trans/Am 66-72
1964 Sprint GT, B-Sedan in 70's
1970 Giulia Super (CDN Spec)
1976 1600 GTj (Italian Spec)
1966 Harley Sprint (Aermacchi) 250
2000 Catalina 320, Hull #765 Northern Dream
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode