Common Alfa Romeo Wheel Weights - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 12:51 PM

A few more wheel weights - most numbers from homologation documents.

AR GTAjunior steel 5 1/2x14 17#
AR GTA magnesium 6x14 11.5# offset 38mm
AR GTA magnesium 6.5x14 12#
AR GTA magnesium 7x14 12.5#
AR TZ magnesium 6x15 12.5#
Alfaholics GTA aluminum 6x14 13# offset 33mm

Last edited by Alleggerita; 02-22-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:06 PM

Why not adding some pictures of the different wheeltypes? Will make this thread even better.

Spider 2.0i 1992 | GTV 2000 1971 | Giulia Spider 1963
post #33 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:19 PM

Alfa Romeo 1300 GT junior 1966, stock 15 x 4,5 with 155 Firestone F560: 15,2 kg (wheel, tube, tyre, weights and valve). And yes, I know the Opel type flasher is not original...
Attached Images

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Morten Svendsen, Rødekro, Denmark
1300 GT Junior 1966 / 1300 Spider 1971[/FONT]

post #34 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Jason, on the wheels table I would either add a manufacturer, or change "Brand" to manufacturer. To resolve Joe Cab's concern (partially) one needs to separate an "OM" from "replica manufacturer". The following wheel is the example:
Cromodora CD-35 Replica 14x6 4x108 23 16 lb. Style C from IAP catalog

It is not a Cromodora Brand or manufacturer. Also, may suppliers may carry this repro/replica wheel so a supplier designation may not help. For accuracy.

Thanks for considering this. Nice work! Bruce

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Piper- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 02-25-2008 at 01:46 PM.
post #35 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Cool Giulia / Giulietta Borrani wheel weights

Asked for comments on Giulia / Giulietta wheels, 4.5 x15, Borrani and Fergat, I was TOLD the Borrani's were the wheel to race with as they were lighter than Fergat's. I do not know if this is true, however, racing in the late 60's with my Giulia spider, I had a collection (still do) of Borrani's. Found I could sometimes bend one in front, at the spyder with the right combination of tire and track surface. Not the rears. My car had, first disc front brakes, and later 2 shoe drums. Could not bend them all, only some, even on the same day & track. Later I found others were breaking, or cracking Fergat's at the spider, and sometimes at the lug holes. Perhaps the Borrani's were not lighter , only more bendable! I guess this is a good thing. Better a front end shake, than a front wheel leaving the car, and you in never-never-land! Later we were allowed to widen our steel wheels, and most widened Borrani's again. I went to Minilites when rules allowed.
The stock Alfa 4.5 x 15 Borrani weighs 17 lbs. I just weighed one from my collection. Hope this helps. Gordon Raymond
post #36 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Stock S1 Steel Wheel

Weighed a stock steel '69 Alfa 5.5x14 steel wheel without weights or stem. Same as S3 listed at 16#. It's interesting that there is no weight advantage with most of the wheels listed. Only some of the very early mag allow wheels come in at 11-12#. That makes it pure aesthetics and not function.

Now
)(
)(
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

Links

post #37 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Plus possible width advantage, depending on fit.
Gordon Raymond
post #38 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM

just wondering...anyone got the weights of the "wine glass" style milano wheels by chance?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #39 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:10 AM
1966-2013
Platinum Subscriber

Another one for the pile:

WIA PERFORMANCE 14x6 JJ 21mm offset 15.5lbs

Darren
'84 manufacture ~ '85 MY Spider Graduate

as hosted by

&
post #40 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 12:28 AM
1966-2013
Platinum Subscriber

Bump to make note that the 1st post in the thread is all balled up and informationally useless now for some reason. (or at least it is when I view it here)

Darren
'84 manufacture ~ '85 MY Spider Graduate

as hosted by

&
post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Gold Subscriber

autodelta gr4 "yellows" campys

another update

I couldnt find a more accurate scale but for what its worth here's a ball park weight of the autodelta GR4 10x15 rally wheels @ around 13lbs

I've been looking for awhile without any luck. anyone have a set of alfa 105's 14x7 melbers, mille miglias or tecnomagesio's to sell me?

hope to see a few of you tomorrow at the coronado vintage race

cheers

db
Attached Images

post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
Bump to make note that the 1st post in the thread is all balled up and informationally useless now for some reason. (or at least it is when I view it here)
The information is still there, it's just embedded in a bunch of HTML code which isn't being translated into a viewable table.

Bruce Colby - Street = '69 1750 GTV/TS; Track = '65 SGT/TS, '89 E30, '72 914/6
gone to new homes
- '71 Jr. Z, '69 1750 Spider, '62 Spider
post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Well, that stinks. It took me quite a while to figure out how to create that chart. Not sure what happened there - maybe Simon updated some code on the BB side... I'll mess around and see if I can't fix it in the original post.

-Jason

Jason Arrington
1989 Spider driver
1974 Spider restoration project
post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Jason,

It might be easier on you if you made this table in Excel and attached it to your message. You could name the document using the latest revision date.

Thanks for your efforts! This information is useful and interesting!

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Trebuchet"]Ron[/FONT][/SIZE][COLOR="White"]--------------------[SIZE="1"]-[/SIZE][/COLOR] [FONT="Arial"][B]O[COLOR="White"]--------------[/COLOR]O[/B][/FONT]
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Trebuchet"]1988 Spider Graduate[/FONT][/SIZE][COLOR="White"]----[/COLOR][B][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]====[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT="Verdana"]V[/FONT][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]====[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[RIGHT][SIZE="2"][FONT="Trebuchet"][B]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/RIGHT]
post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I've tried to attach Word or Excel tables but the files ALWAYS exceed the allowable file attachment limit. Even a simple Word table. I've asked several times to increase the limit on Word and Excel tables for this purpose but to no avail. Will try again. I need this for another post with lots of information. Funny, I came back to this post to ask how he did his table but since it exploded, I guess it's moot now.

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode