Brake Line Charts - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

5Likes
  • 2 Post By gprocket
  • 3 Post By gprocket

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Brake Line Charts

In order to keep my own sanity I have created some brake line charts over the years. These are all based on cars and brake lines that I've gotten my hands on. I've tried to be as accurate as possible but I welcome any corrections and/or critique. I will add to this thread as I gather more info.

REVISED to Version 2

So here is the chart for Duetto brake lines running ATE calipers. The includes the lines with and without vacuum boosters:

Name:  brake lines 1.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  brake lines 2.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  29.3 KB

The pictures aren't all that clear - Here is a PDF file:

Duetto Brake and Fuel Lines V2.pdf

And for those who may be interested, I have contracted a source to create brake lines using my patterns in stainless steel with the correct fittings. If you are doing a complete brake job and not inclined do the bending and flairing yourself this is a welcome option. I currently have them for '66-'68 ATE Duettos with and without boosters, '69 1750 Spiders with dual boosters and '69 GTVs with dual boosters. These are all floor pedal, left hand drive, USA version systems. I will have hanging pedal lines in the near future. Also, the Duetto lines should be the same for the Stepnose GTs with the exception of the long rear line (R1 in my designation) which is longer but I don't yet have that value or the pattern.

Name:  Duetto SS brake lines.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  29.0 KB

Pricing is yet to be determined but if you are interested, please PM me and I'll see what kind of a discount I can get. I do know that the SS was reasonably priced compared to buying conifer tubing and all the fittings and could be a cost savings if you have to buy the flaring tools for one job.
ossodiseppia and jantar like this.

- Rich D.
I like Alfas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by gprocket; 03-02-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
And here are the charts for the '69 GTV:

Name:  Hydraulic Component Fittings Matrix Rev. 4.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  Hydraulic Tubing Matrix Clutch Rev 4.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  13.3 KB

Name:  Hydraulic Tubing Matrix Frt Rev 4.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  31.8 KB

Name:  Hydraulic Tubing Matrix Rear  Rev 4.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  35.8 KB

- Rich D.
I like Alfas

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 07:57 AM

can i get that in lighweight titanium tubing?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Yes but the fittings would be made out of Osmium...

- Rich D.
I like Alfas

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 08:59 AM

Rich, wondering how you are coming along with the hanging pedals? I would like to replace all of my brake lines and this and your previous thread were great info. I have a '71 1300 Junior, the style after the stepnose. Three lines coming off the brake master cylinder, one going to front left, one to front right and the third going to the rear.

I'm not sure if these were redone in the past and are correctly set up. I have the short booster and dual cup reservoir. Thanks.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thinline View Post
Rich, wondering how you are coming along with the hanging pedals? I would like to replace all of my brake lines and this and your previous thread were great info. I have a '71 1300 Junior, the style after the stepnose. Three lines coming off the brake master cylinder, one going to front left, one to front right and the third going to the rear.

I'm not sure if these were redone in the past and are correctly set up. I have the short booster and dual cup reservoir. Thanks.
The hanging pedals are a dream compared to the earlier brake lines. That said, I haven't had a chance to lay out the front lines yet. What you describe sounds correct, FWIW.

I did run into to a delay with the lines that I am making up currently. The fabricator is suddenly swamped (who knew that the was a season to brake lines) and they are behind by a couple of months. I need my lines back to finish a couple of projects so I am going to hand made a set and then send them back to get digitized.

I am hoping that anyone that has expressed an interest in stainless steel lines can hold off a bit while this gets sorted out.

- Rich D.
I like Alfas

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 10:08 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Brake lines

Rich,

PLEASE do this for the 101 Spiders!

Ok, I'm resorting to begging!

Ray

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimondo View Post
Rich,

PLEASE do this for the 101 Spiders!

Ok, I'm resorting to begging!

Ray

LOL, No need to beg but I would need a donor set of lines to digitize...

- Rich D.
I like Alfas

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 10:30 AM

Has anybody done this for dual circuit, floor pedal spider? If not I am just starting to put mine back together. It will be a few weeks until I cut brake lines but if the info isn't posted here someplace I'll so so here.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61SS View Post
Has anybody done this for dual circuit, floor pedal spider? If not I am just starting to put mine back together. It will be a few weeks until I cut brake lines but if the info isn't posted here someplace I'll so so here.
The dual circuit Spiders are virtually the same as the GTV with the exception of the length of the rear line (my R4a) which I believe is 4" shorter (114" vs 118").

- Rich D.
I like Alfas

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 02:32 PM

Thanks! I see now. I looked quickly at your table and saw only a single booster, I didn't realize it was one table per circuit.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 08:10 PM

Looking at the diagrams, am I missing seeing the flex hoses, or are they not included? I have the rear flex pulled, to be replaced, and where I live Alfa parts are not easy to find, but we discovered that the front hoses match a Hillman Hunter (1" longer). Before I take the several hour journey to the supplier, if I can call him and spec the hose, he can tell me if he has an equivalent.

Flex hose rear: 39 cm long
Male on both ends
From Pro. Valve end: Is it M10.1 Din and if so, what flare?
To Tee end: Is it 10mm.1? and it looks like a flat end, no flare.

Thanks
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode