Parts Interchangability Matrix - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 03-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Gold Subscriber

Location: Rapid City SD, Black Hills of South Dakota, Queens NY
Send a message via Skype™ to Roadtrip
Parts Interchangability Matrix

It would be very useful if we could develop a Parts Interchange Matrix. I often want to buy a used part but have to do quite a bit of research to determine if a different year part is useable.

For instance, will a starter from a 83 model fit a 75 model?

I've been using IAP and Centerline parts catalogs for cross referencing, but it'd be nice to have it in one place/table.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2003, 01:10 AM

that can be a problem sometimes because cars have had parts mixed matched over the years but it'd be nice to have something for those of us who have cars that are original and could benefit from this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-30-2003, 06:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to jthraen
Sounds like a project for Papajam!

As soon as he finishes the Berlina wiring diagram, he has my permission to get started.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Trained Professional
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

OK, Jeff. Since the Berlina diagram is done, here goes. Hollander has already done it! It's called the Hollander Foreign Interchange manual. Problem is, I don't know if it's in print anymore. The Alfa pages I have are dated 1982 and coverage is from 1963-1979 for Alfa to Alfa interchange. The Alfa section comes up on ebay from time to time. What it doesn't list are the REALLY cool interchanges like when the autoparts guy laughs at your request for GTV brake pads, say it's a VW bus instead. Or that early Delcotron alternator brushes fit Spica fuel pumps. Now THAT'S a list worth having!

Series 1 Euro 1750 GTV
Series 2 USA 1750 GTV
Old 03-31-2003, 04:32 PM
Trained Professional

SCORE!!

http://www.hollander-auto-parts.com/

Series 1 Euro 1750 GTV
Series 2 USA 1750 GTV
Old 03-31-2003, 08:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to jthraen
Your timing could not be better. I put the engine back in my little green taxi cab (Berlina). Plan on firing it up on Friday! So, did you post the Berlina wiring diagram? I have about a half a dozen wires in the engine compartment that I do not know where they go.

Thanks for the bracket information. It only took two hours to install them - it would have been only 10 minutes had I put them on before I put the engine in! Oh well, the price of haste.

I am prepping the car for some track time with the Alfa club on April 12th and 13th, so time is running out. The good thing is that I am really getting to know the mechanics of the car, so future maintence should be a breeze.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:19 AM
Trained Professional

Just saw the Alfa section of the Hollander interchange on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1132

Series 1 Euro 1750 GTV
Series 2 USA 1750 GTV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.