Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Ignition switch(eroo)?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  griebs 
#1 ·
Hi all. First post, though I've logged a hundred hours easy on the BB for my '74 Spider resto.

My ignition key doesn't turn the switch when removed from the steering assembly. Will having it connected to power "unlock" it in any way? On inspection, the wiring is different from all the available switches on Centerline, Vicks, AC etc so not sure what's up. The switch was in a cup full of parts in the floorboard when I bought her. Hey at least the door key works.

Also, I've checked around but can't seem to ID this mystery part which I'm pretty sure came out of the fuel tank when I dumped the old gas. Any ideas?

Thanks all.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Don't want to spoil your enthusiasm, but seems to me that if the key won't turn in the switch, at least the mechanism is defective and the whole switch should be replaced. Place a wanted ad in the classified section and you will get a few offers for a good switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.