Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1969 Spider keys stolen.... what are my options ?

840 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ghnl 
#1 · (Edited)
My only keys (I know I should of made duplicates) for my 69 Spider Veloce were stolen with the rest of my stuff in my wife's car this weekend.
I am a bit lost at what options I have to repair this situation ?

- Replace locks (can I still get barrels and keys ?)

- Make new keys (from what ? Can I get the barrels out and have a key made from that ? Is there a code somewhere that may help ?)...

HELP !! I'll take ANY input ... I am in a bit of a bind !!!!

Roland

#3 ·
Spider locks.... stolen

Thanks.. I've seen "SPIDER 1970-93 DOOR LOCK BARREL & KEY" but nothing for early roundtails......:frown2:
Did I miss something ?

Is there a way to find the key code from the barrels ?

#4 ·
Thanks.. I've seen "SPIDER 1970-93 DOOR LOCK BARREL & KEY" but nothing for early roundtails......:frown2:
Did I miss something ?

Is there a way to find the key code from the barrels ?
Electrical parts part #10408 .

#5 ·
IF you can find a real locksmith (not the key copy guys at the lumber store) AND can get a blank that fits, said real locksmith can make you a new key without taking anything apart. I did that for an MGB we had. The locksmith inserted the key blank into the lock, wiggled it a bit then examined the key for tiny marks with a loupe. He hand cut the key, repeated the above, cut it a little more and in about 10 minutes I had a key that worked.

You might also try contacting Keys4Classics. I know they can cut keys from a close up photo (if you had a copy...). They might also know where to find the code that is supposed to be on the lock cylinder. From that code they can make a new key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.