Window trouble - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Window trouble

Both power windows barely work. The DS window is just slow but on the PS, the front top pulley is broken and the cable is pulling on the pulley shaft.

Does anyone know a source for new pulleys? I haven't seen them in the catalogs.

The cables are in tact but all the parts are dirty. It looks like a bear to disassemble, clean and reassemble.

Any suggestions for getting it to work better? What about adjusting the window position, cables, etc? Lubrication? Adjustments?

The manual is pretty sparce on how to install the cable and adjust the window.

Thanks, Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 06:27 AM

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Paradiso,

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I did search the list and internet for about 3+ hrs before posting my question (slow dial-up connection) and did read B. Morgans post and reviewed Han's excellent website, both are very useful.

Still, I haven't found a source for the pulleys alone (maybe try to find salvage pieces) and I don't quite follow the adjustment procedure (just adjust the cable tension or the window position?). Also, how does the cable attach to the drum and does the cable need lubrication or better dry?

Rereading Han's site I understand that the cable he installed has 2 ends that come together at the window clamp (do you need to put a split bolt & nut on the cable ends to keep them from slipping out of the clamp?). Also, if keeping the existing cable, can the cable be reinstalled by just loosening the upper tension adjusting pulley?

Maybe these will become clear when I dive into it. I'm a little aprehensive because the car is stuck outside at the moment in the elements. I'll probably wait until I can pull her into the garage.

Pat
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 04:36 PM

I replaced my D/S motor and it is a pain, wear thick gloves , clean up cables as best you can . Be careful of window alignment and limits or you'll damage the glass. Parts at a wrecking yard, they always leave the rollers lying at the bottom of the doors , it seems.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode