Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Light bulb list..

22K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  spiderserie4 
#1 ·
Silly question 86 Quad in the garage except when the weather nice ... i have looked in the FAQ for a list of bulbs and equiv...but to no avail. Does any one know of a comprehensive list of bulbs and or replacements ?

Thank you all
V/R
Chris

#2 · (Edited)
#'s are standard automotive size/type designation as found in the bulb isle at the local parts place

Brake lamp: 1156
Parking lamp, (front and rear): 97
Reverse lamp: 105
Turn signal, (front and rear): 1156
Marker lamp, (front and rear): 194
Licence plate lamps: 105
3rd brake light: Dunno, but rumor has it a certain MY Corvette uses the same rig.

Heater fan rocker switch: 2721 (uses two)
Climate control sliders if hooded lamp is present: 2721
Ignition switch lamp if present: 2721
Instrument lamps (monopod): 194
Curtesy lamps: carry one to the store and match it up, it'll be with the 'festoon' type bulbs
Glovebox: see Curtesy lamps, same bulb
Underhood light: see Curtesy lamps, same bulb
Illuminated rear view mirror: see Curtesy lamps, same bulb

Tnat bring it for ya?

#5 ·
#'s are standard automotive size/type designation as found in the bulb isle at the local parts place

Brake lamp: 1156
Parking lamp, (front and rear): 97
Reverse lamp: 105
Turn signal, (front and rear): 1156
Marker lamp, (front and rear): 194
Licence plate lamps: 105
3rd brake light: Dunno, but rumor has it a certain MY Corvette uses the same rig.

Heater fan rocker switch: 2721 (uses two)
Climate control sliders if hooded lamp is present: 2721
Ignition switch lamp if present: 2721
Instrument lamps (monopod): 194
Curtesy lamps: carry one to the store and match it up, it'll be with the 'festoon' type bulbs
Glovebox: see Curtesy lamps, same bulb
Underhood light: see Curtesy lamps, same bulb
Illuminated rear view mirror: see Curtesy lamps, same bulb

I don't have a verifiable number for that 3rd brake lamp, but it appears just like a single contact tail light bulb. This in my 87 Quad.

#6 ·
Sylvania Lamp Replacement Guide 1989 ALFA ROMEO Spider

High & low beam headlamp
H6024
H6024ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen
H6024XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: 3x brighter; 2x the life
H6024CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Parking light

Front turn signal
1156LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear turn signal

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light

License plate

Back up light

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker

Glove box
DE3423

Map light
DE3175

Dome light
DE3423

Step/Courtesy light
DE3423

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3423

Under hood light
DE3423

#7 ·
I call BS on those LL 'long life' claims.
Every one I've gotten for any purpose for any vehicle has **** the bed in the same or less time than 'normal' life bulbs.

Worst example was going through 4 in one year in the reverse lamps in one car.
The standard bulbs in there now are on year 3.

If you want to spend extra on quality long life illumination, get LEDs, otherwise stick to the 'standard grade' stuff in name brand.
(ie: Sylvania, GE, etc., not Buffalo Bob's house o' discount bulk pack bulbs and beef jerky or Fung Hing's super deep #1 discount for big American penis' super light bang bang putout bright device)

#10 ·
Hello--

Can anyone confirm/deny that the tail light bulb for my '86 Spider is an 1156? There is a bulb list that someone very kindly posted above, but it makes no mention of the tail light. I was given a warning, so I want to get the bulb ASAP; am not with the vehicle now so I can't check it. Thanks.

#11 · (Edited)
There are 5 "bayonet type" bulbs located in each of the two rear combination lamp fixtures.

Four of them require a 21 watt bulb:
Directional indicator light
Brake light
Fog light
Reverse light

The fifth (parking light) takes a 5 watt bulb.

A 3 watt "all glass" bulb (the kind that is spade-shaped on the contact end) is used in the rear side marker lamp sockets.

#12 ·
Thanks Norseman--

The lamp I'm referring to is the one that illuminates when the headlights are turned on. I assumed that one is specifically called a "tail" light; no? I went home for lunch in order to take a quick look at it. It is in fact a bayonet base with a small, perfectly round glass bulb. It's the exact same base as an 1156, but the glass bulb is much smaller. The base on my bulb is corroded, but it looks like the number is 92. Doing a google search on "auto bulb 92," however, I find no results...

#16 ·
Thank you, gentlemen. What I thought was a tail light--the one that comes on when the headlights are illuminated--is what you are collectively calling a park light. Sorted!

On a side note, it's curious that the large chamber above the reverse light in the bezel assembly is blank. My dad bought this car new in 1986, and for all this time I haven't realized that for whatever reason, there is no light above the reverse lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.