Brake light/license plate lights issues - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 11-01-2011, 11:07 PM

The center ground pad attaches, along with several other ground wires, in the lower part of the left rear fender near to the rear lights. A good clean and polish here could help alot.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzaguy View Post
The center ground pad attaches, along with several other ground wires, in the lower part of the left rear fender near to the rear lights. A good clean and polish here could help alot.
Yes, I found that ground connection earlier and cleaned it up, but it made no difference. Are there any other grounds to the body for the rear lights?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghnl View Post
I assume the trunk lid is 'grounded' only via the hinges. And thus the ground path is somewhat indirect & needing to pass through the hinge pins. If you decide to add the dedicated ground I'd suggest a loop of wire around a hinge similar to the way ground straps are often attached around engine mounts.
I just thought some more about this. Even if the hinges are the only "ground" attachment for the trunk lid when opened, once it is closed the latch mechanism will add a very good ground connection to the lid. I have the temporary jumper wire connectled to the latch right now and the 3rd brake light works correctly so even if the ground connection is poor with the lid open, it will be good with the lid shut and that is the only time it matters that the third brake light works properly. I think I will just go ahead and permanently attach the jumper wire to the lid in a hidden spot that wont corrode easily and be done with this.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Well, OK then.

Now on to more important matters - two pages and not one admonishment about posting photos! We gots rules here you know - even if they are unwritten. So, how about some pictures - Spiders, Loti, pretty women, whatever...
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

L-jetronic Spider diagnosis (1982-1989)
L-jetronic V-6 diagnosis
OK injectors - fuel injector cleaning
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 AM

I knew that was coming...... I'll work on posting some photos when I get home from work tonight!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:42 PM

Due to the lousy weather outside, these are the best photos I could take of the Alfa Spiders due to them being confined to my garage/workshop. I will try to take some better photos of them outside if we ever see another nice day again here in WI now that winter is settling in..........

The '86 Veloce which is in decent condition.
Name:  PB023921.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  45.3 KB

The $400 '87 Graduate that I'm using for parts that the Veloce needs.
Name:  PB023922.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  50.1 KB

Both of these cars are running and driveable, but the Grad is in rough shape while the Veloce only needs a few things repaired to make it 100%

And here is my '05 Elise in the "Lamborghini" elevator at the Lotus dealer when I had it there for service once.
Name:  Lambo elevator 003 pshop.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  42.4 KB

Last edited by Lotuselise; 11-02-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.