Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Making My Own Floor Pans

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gus'sAlfa 
#1 ·
I have decided to tackle the rusty floorpan problem in my 90 Graduate. The passenger side needs some small patch work in the foot area. The driver side is a complete redo. I am wondering what gauge sheet metal is used. I am wanting to fab my own. Thanks

#3 ·
What about the rear floor section and seat support rails. Do they need replacing. The reason I ask is selfishness, I need to replace on my 73 spider. Any ideas on how to fab them up, I need the seat support rails for both sides. I want to fab up but am looking for a smart idea. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

#4 ·
I just measure what thickness is there ... drove my steel supplying place nuts as I asked for many slightly different thickness pieces of sheet steel to make sure I replaced with the right thickness. They used to say, "just use the thicker sheet for everything" ... but that would not be right now would it ;).
Pete

#5 ·
Do you use a pattern and then bend and weld up the support, I am speaking to the long one that is closer to the door than the tunnel. Once i have the correct gage material (2mm) I will probably make a pattern and bend and weld it up. Unless someone already has a pattern they would like to share..... anyone, anyone Bueller!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.