convertible top frame nuts - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
What (originally) goes in the ends of the floating bow, that rests on the rubber bump-stops?? Some little rubber plugs??

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Piper- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
GTD

Quote:
Some little rubber plugs??
..... Yes!

Alfa Sapiens
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
I knew it! No self-respecting Italian would let the end of that pipe sit on the rubber bumper and chafe. I presume I can find something that will fit in the Help! section at the auto store? Perhaps something nylon that will hold up better and glide a bit on the rubber. I just got some new bumpers.

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
)(
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Piper- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
GTD

Yep! I've gone to using a nylon/hard plastic type plug with a convex-dished head.
The original plug was of a softer rubber with a flat face. They lasted 5 years ... at best.

Alfa Sapiens
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Hi: I just now saw your response to my question because someone else responded today. Do you have a couple of these flat nuts/washers that you would be interested in selling?
Thank you
Harris
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 08:56 AM

I just noticed this thread and I am in need of Convertible top frame parts and also boot hardware. Can you help.

Thanks,
Rob
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 05:20 PM

I just finished inserts for my front pieces, trunnions I guess you call them?
A previous owner had trouble and rethreaded them for 9mm bolts. The Timesert kit worked great, as their tap still had enough metal to work with.
I bought stainless inserts for the kit, which protruded slightly.
I sanded the protrusion down.

The kit is pictured as to number, then I bought the shortest 8mm x1.25 stainless inserts.

I'll be able to fit a hex head button top 8mmx 1.25 stainless metric now. When the trunnions are rethreaded, the hex button head machine screws are 8mm 1.25 thread 16mm long, and you can find them anywhere. 5/16th" stainless clips will hold the trunnions in if you can't find metrics. Liberally coat that trunnion post with antiseize and you'll be happier.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr.G; 03-21-2017 at 12:10 PM.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 04:27 AM
GTD

Nice job Wes.
That'll work !

Be sure to lube the stainless to stainless threads when assembling.

Alfa Sapiens
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 05:28 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Nice job, Wes.

Brian __________________________________

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode