Alfa Romeo Forums banner

How Many Miles On Your Spider?

7K views 66 replies 56 participants last post by  Alfagirl86 
#1 ·
I'll start...

88 Graduate: 133175

I don't think the engine has ever been rebuilt. She still accelerates smoothly and starts first time with only a little judder. Although the gearbox is... how can I put it, "occasionally uncooperative" :D

#6 ·
'86 graduate: RED!! somewhere in the area of 77,000 +/- Nothing major, runs like a champ, and gets over 30mpg. New top, as someone put a package on it in a parking lot. Otherwise, Nardi steering wheel, Hella fogs, Cebe headlights, Koni shocks K&N intakle, new exhaust (no front muffler), and Chromodore racing wheels..from an early spyder. Love the car..it is the only thing I drive in the summer.

#12 ·
The zeroes just rolled over on the odometer about a month ago. Title info suggests this is 100k; I've only had it since it was at about 95k. A lot of things need work and the rust is pretty bad but overall it's completely reliable and I use it as a daily driver. (I always tell people I've had a lot more problems with the family Volvo, which is currently sitting idle waiting for repairs.)

#16 · (Edited)
1988 Black Spider Veloce. Now 71,105. Had 68,000 when I bought it Dec. 2007. I put 968 miles on it driving it home from Maryland to Memphis TN. In 22 months I have put another 2,100 on it. All records from POs seem to indicate that this is correct milage and that the engine has never been opened.

It always starts as long as the battery does not go down. Being black, I guess it puts on milage faster than other colors because msiert says that black ones are the fastest.

Robert
1988 Black Spider Veloce

#17 ·
88 silver Quad. 53,300 miles. Synchros getting a little tired but not bad, diff whines a little..great running and driving spider. My other toy is a TR6 with 71k miles on her. I am amazed at the difference in comforts of the spider even if it lacks the torque and power of the 6cyl tr.

#18 ·
1991 Black S4. Purchased in 2004 with 133k, added 16K since. Engine rebuilt just over 100k by PO. Transmission great (with addition of AMSOIL 75-90 Synthetic), even 2nd gear. Did suspension bushing/springs/shocks at 142K. Just did 4,800 miles in 12 days, CT to Portland via northern Rockies. No Problemo.

#26 ·
OK, who's going to make the smart a**ed comment about how old Murray's car is? Oh, well; here goes...

1. "Murray, that must be the first Spider ever made. What's the VIN? Uno?"
2. "Murray, that's just 218 miles a year."
3. "Murray, wasn't black the only color Spiders came in back then?"

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.