Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Changing radio in 1991 Spider

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DarkWolf40 
#1 ·
I want to change out the radio in my 1991 Spider. How do I access the radio? Do I remove it from the back or does the panel in front of the radio pop out?

Thanks

#4 ·
Richard
Can you post a picture? Several of the Sony players the face trim comes off and then you insert a thin flat piece of metal on both sides to unlock the clips. But without pictures, I am not sure if yours is that type.

#6 ·
Remove the face if it’s removable and pop out the rim if there is one around the front of the radio. You should see the aluminum sleeve surrounding the radio and two slots one on each side. Use correct radio removal keys. Sony uses special keys that you can buy from eBay Sony Radio Removal Keys, borrow from a radio installation shop or if you plan to install another Sony, the new unit will probably come with a new pair that you can use to remove your current radio. Just insert the keys in the slots located at the sides of the radio and pull. The unit should slide out easily. Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.