Advice for 1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

2Likes
  • 1 Post By averoma
  • 1 Post By hitch02

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Advice for 1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

Hi....I just inherited a 1987 Alfa Spider Veloce. It is going to need some work and I was hoping someone could help me out with some recommendations for a reputable person in the Northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. area who could take a look at the car and determine what is needed without breaking the bank. This was my father's car who just recently passed. I've always wanted the car and love Alfa Romeos (I grew up in Italy) but I am not in a position to invest a lot of money. I want to fix what needs to be repaired so I can enjoy the car. I thank you in advance for any advice and recommendations.

Debbie
BiancaSpider likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by averoma View Post
Hi....I just inherited a 1987 Alfa Spider Veloce. It is going to need some work and I was hoping someone could help me out with some recommendations for a reputable person in the Northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. area who could take a look at the car and determine what is needed without breaking the bank. This was my father's car who just recently passed. I've always wanted the car and love Alfa Romeos (I grew up in Italy) but I am not in a position to invest a lot of money. I want to fix what needs to be repaired so I can enjoy the car. I thank you in advance for any advice and recommendations.

Debbie
Debbie, Welcome to the forum, although I wish it were under different circumstances. There is a very active member sub-forum just for Spiders at this link. You will get more traffic there, so you might want to re-post there, or maybe the moderators could move your post over. Anyway, we'd love to see some pictures of your new Spider.

Rich

'85 Spider Veloce
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:42 PM

Garage
Debbie, we welcome you to the Alfa BB, and my sincere condolences on your loss. I'm so glad you want to enjoy that Spider, and I promise you it will be all the fun you can imagine. See you over on the Spider forum! I own a series 4 1991 Spider, myself. There are a ton of Alfa owners and Alfa Romeo Owners Club members in that area, believe me.

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 06:00 PM

Debbie -

I'm local to you and have always had good experiences with London Auto Services in Falls Church, for what it's worth.

Condolences on your loss.

-Reed
BiancaSpider likes this.

1987 Spider Graduate with 61K and counting...
ex - '77 Spider Veloce, '78 Spider Veloce, '71 Fiat 850 Spider
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 12:42 PM

Garage
Debbie, I meant to get you the link to the Capital Chapter of AROC, the Alfa Romeo Owners Club (unless you are a member already).

Alfa Romeo News | Capital Chapter Alfa Romeo Owners Club

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Debbie,
I live in Centreville, VA. I bought a 1987 Spider Quad a couple of months ago. I've brought it to Tim Rooney ( see timrooneysgarage.com) in Merrifield. He is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. He takes the time to chat with me about the car too. His prices seem reasonable to me for the type of specialty work he does. He pretty much does only Alfas, but sometimes has an older BMW or Triumph in the shop. He replaced my shocks, replaced the clutch hydraulics, resolved a crack in the upper oil pan, fixed my steering idler arm, and did a few other needed things. I expect I will use him almost exclusively for the car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode