105+ Spider Register - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

105+ Spider Register

Dear Alfisti,

I've recently retooled all the registers that I've been keeping for classic Alfas since 2009. In place of different models presented as separate sheets on an online spreadsheet, all the registers are now a proper page on a new website. I hope that you'll find it cleaner and prettier.

An important advantage to according each model its own spreadsheet is that now each model is availed its own submission form; previously we had one for the GT/GTV only, while all other models required that I and Andrew Watry enter them manually, which was very tedious, despite our love for these Alfas . Now you can submit your car and see it listed on the spreadsheet immediately (after refreshing the page, of course). Caveat: the spreadsheet does not automatically sort new entries to their proper place, so my intention is to do a manual sort very two weeks or so; as a result, look for your new entry at the very bottom of the list, right after you submit it.

I've named the website Classic Alfa Romeo Registry, and its Web URL is: www.classicalfaromeoregistry.com. If you forget, you will always find it in my "signature" under any of my past forum posts. I will also update the URLs in the Stickies so that they take you to the right place as well. One you're on the proper model's page, you'll see the register, which can be scrolled left/right/up/down. Scroll the page down further to see the submission form. Fill it out and click the Submit button at the very bottom of the form, and you're done.

Lastly, if you don't find your model or color listed under the list of models/colors presented in the submission form, contact me and I can add that in; keep in mind however that your suggestion must be "official" - I will not accept a description such as "purplish red", especially without an Alfa color code (ARXXX). If you do not have all the information asked for by the form, PLEASE send Marco Fazio an e-mail to solicit that information; all that is required is your car's chassis number. Marco's e-mail address is marco.fazio@alfaromeo.com. Simple as that. Please do so to keep the registry as accurate as possible, for everyone's benefit.

I'm in the process of incorporating Sedan registries; you should see them on the website in a week or two.

I think that that's about it - PM me if you have questions/suggestions.

www.classicalfaromeoregistry.com

Patrick Hung
'59 Sprint Veloce * '63 Giulia Spider * '65 Giulia Ti * '67 GT 1300 Junior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pathung; 01-13-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 PM

email sent

1969 1750 Spider*Giorgia?*
1970 1750 Spider*magica*--mi ha lasciato per un altro,luglio 2015
post #3 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

What kind of wheels are those?

Patrick Hung

post #4 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathung View Post
What kind of wheels are those?
Momo Vega's. Did you add me to the register?

1969 1750 Spider*Giorgia?*
1970 1750 Spider*magica*--mi ha lasciato per un altro,luglio 2015
post #5 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 12:26 AM

Here's the info on my Spider:

Chassis number: AR 3042095
Manufacture date: 9/3/1973
Type number: 115.02
Factory color: Red
Location first sold: Englewood Cliffs, U.S.A., 9/5/1973
Current location: California, U.S.A.
Current owner: Gordon Dayton
Special notes: Had been sitting in a barn for 16 years when I bought it. I'm in the process of rebuilding it, and will incorporate some engine and suspension upgrades.

Best regards, and good luck with the registry.
post #6 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Added your car, Gordon. Got photos to post here?

Patrick Hung

post #7 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 01:47 PM

I can post some pictures, but it won't be pretty. It's pretty much torn down to a shell at this time. I'm currently working on some rust repair, and rebuilding the suspension. Once I get it back on its feet, then it'll be time for paint, engine, interior, etc. Lots of work ahead.

Best regards,
post #8 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Sent info earlier. #1480323. Thanks for adding! Pics enclosed.
Attached Images

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
)(
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Piper- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -
post #9 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 PM

Apparently the link is not a place to enter data. Oh well.
Patrick, here is mine

Chassis number: 3041405
Manufacture date: 04/10/73
Type number: 115.02
Factory color: Blue AR323
Location first sold:
Current location: U.S.
Current owner: Richard Hiatt
Special notes: Rust free survivor except Amaretto interior died to black, webers.

Todays toy count: 2012 Challenger, 97 SVT Cobra conv, 74 BMW r60/6, 52 Chevy Styleline Deluxe, (last of 12 previous Alfa's now gone).
post #10 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM

Here's mine. Now painted Viper Red, with saddle interior,

Chassis number: 661057
Manufacture date: 17 June 1966
Type number: 105 03
Factory color: ivory
Location first sold: California USA
Current location: Upstate New York
Current owner: Tom Shewchuk
Attached Images

post #11 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Your car's been added, Richard, and Tom.

Patrick Hung

Last edited by pathung; 01-18-2012 at 05:56 PM.
post #12 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Gold Subscriber

Smile

There is a register for the Duettos and Roundtails launched in 1995. The registry contains some 1400 Alfa Roundtails. Just in case ;-)

Duetto Register

1967 Roundtail Spider, "Duetto" Mine since 1970. Meno parole, piú Duetto!.
My Duetto sites
and the Duetto Register
and
Duettoinfo

post #13 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 PM

I see they're listed by chassis #. It should be interesting seeing them in order of oldest to newest.
post #14 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Tom,

Based on my experience with the other Alfa registries, chassis numbers closely correspond (order-wise, anyway) to manufacture date; there are exceptions, however, and I'm guessing that the cars were on the assembly-floor simultaneously, but one with a higher chassis number somehow got finished a day or two earlier.

The spreadsheet allows me to sort any of the columns, which makes it interesting. I usually order the entries by chassis number, as it's the one piece of information that each owner has at his/her disposal, and coming back to your comment, it gives a relatively good chronological order to the entries.

Willie's Duetto Register is very impressive, and this new register has no intention of supplanting Willie's efforts. However, I thought it only right to bring other Spider owners into the fold, (the Kamm-tails and later) as no other registry caters to their cars, as far as I know.

Patrick Hung

post #15 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
AS papajam points out, and others, this is more based on batches of bodies in close but random order coming from the coachbuilder to Alfa (or by color, model, destination, or??), being held/stored haphazardly perhaps (like above), and then being matched with mechanical components again somewhat haphazardly perhaps (like above). That is 3 places to be non-linear. But it is a good dead-reckoning indicator of production sequence, and Marco always can provide a "Born On" date when it finally squirted out the door.

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
)(
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Piper- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 01-19-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode