How to create a new thread on the site - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Admin
Administrator

How to create a new thread on the site

How to create a new thread on the site.
  1. First you have to be a registered member (2 step process) of the site and logged in. If you are not a registered user you can register via this link. Basic registration is FREE and only takes about 2 minutes to complete.

2. Navigate to the forum where you would like your thread to be listed under. (ex. GT, Spider, engine building, etc...)

3. When on a forum page you will see a blue "New Topic" button near the top left and bottom left of each page.

4. Click on the "New Topic" button and it will take you to the thread creation page.

5. Add your title which will show in the forum list.

6. Add your text inside the message box. You can use the tools above the message box to edit and format your text.

7. To add a image follow steps 8-11 or skip to step 12 if you would like to just post your message without any attachments.

8. To attach a file go to the Attach Files section and click on the "Manage Attachments" button.

9. To "Upload File(s) from your Computer" click on browse button then locate the image on your computer. Once the image has been selected click on upload. There are image file size limitations (249k) so if your images are to large you will get an error during the upload process. Repeat this step if you want to post more then one image. Skip to step #12.

10. To "Upload File from a URL" enter URL of the desired image and click on upload. Repeat this step if you want to post more then one image. Skip to step #12.
    NOTE: There is a max setting of five images per post. If you don't have a good image editor to resize your images I suggest using a free Google application called Picasa which has worked well for me for basic image editing.
  11. When finished attaching images click on "close window" link (top right) and continue back to the thread creation page.

12. On the thread creation page you can click on either "Submit New Thread" button which is at the bottom of each section to complete your post.

13. After step #12 You should be taken to your newly created thread. Take a few seconds to review your posting. If there is something that you would like to change or edit you can use the "edit" button located at the bottom right side of your posting.

Simon Mestas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:52 PM

Thank you for your assistance in instructing me how to upload photos. Tried to upload several photos and received "error" message for each one. I understand you would receive that if the image is too large. The images are generally 3.02 to 3.25. I am not sure if that is too large of an image in relation to the max size you state is acceptable.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Ellis View Post
Thank you for your assistance in instructing me how to upload photos. Tried to upload several photos and received "error" message for each one. I understand you would receive that if the image is too large. The images are generally 3.02 to 3.25. I am not sure if that is too large of an image in relation to the max size you state is acceptable.
You may want to check post #4 in this thread for some hints about posting pictures and resizing them prior to posting, if necessary. There's also a Testing Area you can use as a sandbox. And if you encounter problems, help is usually available fairly quickly.

-Ruedi
'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, now being restored in Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 PM

Exclamation Little Italy Festa Italian Motorsport Show - 10/10/2010

The Little Italy Association is putting a call out to all Italian Motorsport owners and/or clubs. At this year's Festa, to be held on Sunday, October 10th from 10am-6pm, we want to put fine Italian machinery on display to the over 120,000 attendees as another attribute of our event.

Please contact Chris Gomez at the Little Italy Association Office if you have any questions. Otherwise, the application is attached for download.

Once completed, you can fax it to the number on the form or mail it to:
Little Italy Association
c/o Chris Gomez
1668 Columbia Street
San Diego, CA 92101

Mille Grazie e Ciao,
Chris Gomez
District Manager
Little Italy Association of San Diego
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Little Italy Festa Italian Motorsport Flier with Form.pdf (227.7 KB, 200 views)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 05:56 AM

'91 Spider dies while driving

My '91 Spider mysteriously dies while driving down the road. It seems to just lose power. When this occurs I simply coast to the side of the road, stop and restart the car. It has never failed to start right up. Sometimes when this occurs I just simply pop the clutch and I continue my journey. This problem may happen several times in a day or it may go for a week and not happen. I never know when it is going to die. We have looked at the ignition switch, coil, fuel pump, injection, etc. All the electrical and fuel related items. Yet the problem still exists. Any thoughts on this great mystery?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 11:11 PM

Lightbulb wiring diagram for a giulia super 1600 Model 1972

I am busy putting my giulia super back together after a major overhaul.
Can anyone supply me with a detailed coloured wiring diagram.
This would be very much appreciated

Syd

Last edited by chandler; 10-23-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: spelling
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
I am busy putting my giulia super back together after a major overhaul.
Can anyone supply me with a detailed coloured wiring diagram.
This would be very much appreciated

Syd
Hi Syd, welcome to AlfaBB. Unfortunately, you posted your message in a forum and thread that has nothing to do with what you're looking for and that's the reason why you didn't get more or better responses. AlfaBB has a sub-forum dedicated to electrical wiring diagrams here. I checked it quickly for Giulia Super diagrams and it seems there are several versions available (105.26 before and after 1968, 1.3 and 1.6, etc.). papajam, who manages the technical library for AROC USA, provides most of the diagrams (see this thread), He wrote in this post that he has both 1972 Giulia Super 1.3 and 1.6 diagrams that he can e-mail to you (just click on his name in the post, then choose "Send email to papajam" to send him a message but be aware that he currently may need several days to respond -- the area where he lives suffers from severe power outages due to storms).

Edit: BTW, the diagram posted here may get you started.

-Ruedi
'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, now being restored in Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).

Last edited by tubut; 11-01-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode