Posting lots of pictures - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Posting lots of pictures

I have a series of pictures (27) of my bumper retrofit and I was only able to upload 5. I've seen other posts with more than that. What am I
doing wrong.
Franco

1976 Spider, Spica; 1982 Spider, L-Jet
Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
I have a series of pictures (27) of my bumper retrofit and I was only able to upload 5. I've seen other posts with more than that. What am I
doing wrong.
Franco
You're doing nothing wrong. I believe that this BB, like many others, limits the number of attachments per post to 5. So you need to submit multiple replies, each with as many as 5 attachments, in order to post your 27 pictures.

1974 Spider
Work gets in the way of my hobbies. Nothing takes just 5 minutes.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
If you see more than 5 pictures in a post, it is because these pictures are not uploaded to the AlfaBB server as attachments, but referenced from another site (like photobucket). These links are established using the "Insert Image" icon that looks like a postcard (just above the text box). For examples, see "The Numbered picture thread."

-Ruedi
'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, now being restored in Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Reudi/Bob, the bulb came on late last night while looking at how others post. Multiple posts of 5 pictures. I'm not bulletin board savvy, I been busy on my cars. I don't know what a PM is. If anyone out there doesn't mind, I'd appreciate a phone call and a walk through on how to use the board and what things mean. Can I contact one or both of you for help when I need it. I feel well rested after a good nights sleep, and looking forward to posting my pictures.

Canada
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

How do you quote a message in a reply? What are the ins and outs of replying, quick, multi, quote, edit? What do they do? How do they work?

Canada
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
How do you quote a message in a reply? What are the ins and outs of replying, quick, multi, quote, edit? What do they do? How do they work?
Quote: click on the button named "Quote" in the particular message you want to ... well ... quote. The text from the quoted message is included and will have a blue background in your reply. This always gives you a full editor with lots of bells and whistles.

Reply: click on the blue "New Reply" button. A full editor opens up where you can write your reply. No previous messages are quoted.

Quick: Sends you to a very simple text area at the bottom of the page where you can fire off a reply. You'll have just a few basic editing tools available.

Multi+: almost indistinguishable from magic. Let's say you want to quote several messages from the message thread (or topic) you're in. Click on "Multi+" on each of the messages you want to quote. Notice that nothing seems to happen. Then click on "New Reply" to have every message you multi-quoted show up as separate blobs of quoted text in your reply.

Edit: lets you go back and edit something you wrote earlier. Note that if you wait too long (a few minutes), the message will reflect the fact that it's edited.

If you want to play around, there's a separate testing area available.

Good luck
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 06:42 AM

More than 5 pictures

A trick I've used is to insert many pictures into a MSWord document and take a screen grab of all those many pictures together. Then post that one screen grab picture of the many. The other reason I like this approach is that I can better compose the arrangement. A short coming is you tend to lose resolution with each successive generation.

Sometime quality is more compelling that quantity… is the other thing I try to remember (often w/o much success).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode