Not receiving email notices of new posts in subscribed threads! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:43 PM

Not Receiving e-mail Notices of New Posts in Subscribed Threads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
I'm still not getting any e-mails from or through AlfaBB (both on my personal and the club account).
Ruedi,

I went out and ran some errands after I got off work, about an hours worth; I logged on to see 10 more e-mail messages in addition to the 10 or so that I had deleted previously before leaving work, all for previous dates, none for today.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM

Well! I almost never check this thread. I just haven't gotten an email notification for quite a while. Then today I've gotten nearly a hundred!

Not even catching up. I get a group of a few dozen, then a bit later I'm getting another dozen similar ones....

Well, glad its working OK.

By the way - thanks for providing this service! One of the very best resources I've found on the internet. I am repeatedly amazed at the collective knowledge base of the BB group! Your work providing this BB is incredible.

Thanks again!

Robert
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Mine hasn't been working for quite a while either. I haven't received notices in I would say at least three months.

Cheers,
[B]'[I]Alex[/I]' Sandor Csank[/B]

[B]When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! - Hunter S. Thompson 1971[/B]
[I]Bianco 1985 GTV6 "Tramontana" (North Wind)[/I]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AROC USA, ARCC & CARM Social Media Chair (Facebookie)[/COLOR]
Member: Club Alfa Romeo de Montreal (CARM), A.O.N.E., St. Louis & Capital Chapter AROC and Scuderia Non-Originale (SNO)
Club Alfa Romeo De Montreal (CARM):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[B](514) 771-9513[/B]

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Trained (ex)Professional
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

No problems at my end. I've been receiving some 3 dozen notifications every day since about forever. No problems with AlfaBB emails either.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 08:44 AM

Working fine for me now, but it did stop for quite a while.

Any way, thanks for the BB!

Robert
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to bshorey Send a message via MSN to bshorey Send a message via Yahoo to bshorey
Quote:
Originally Posted by smestas View Post
Are you guys still having issues with getting email notifications?

I restarted our mail services and everything seems to be functioning fine.

I'm wondering if it might be your email host rejecting our mail? Can you guys post what email services you are using. Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc....
Simon, All,

Is there a way to get the content of the message you're getting notified about (in a subscribed thread), as opposed to just the notification?

It's not always convenient to connect up to the BB to check a thread, in addition to the fact that once you connect, you've kind of got to 'catch up' on everything while you're there.

Other BB's I'm on have this feature, and I find it most useful.

Thx,

bs
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Admin
Administrator

We have been getting reports of email not getting delivered from some members. As far as I can tell everything on our end is working. When it comes to the server software it either is working or it isn't and right now for the majority of members it is working. I'm starting to think that some of the ISP's out there have been marking our emails as SPAM. I first noticed this when emails from the site coming to me were going into my SPAM folder on Gmail. Even though I have support-at-alfabb.com added to my contact list this still was happening. If you are having issues getting mail can you try the following.

1. Post your ISP so we can check to see if we are being blocked from delivery.
2. Add support-at-alfabb.com to your contact list.
3. Check all spam folders for emails from us and if found mark them as "not spam"
4. Notify your ISP that you are not receiving our emails

Ill keep checking things on our end as well.

Simon Mestas
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshorey View Post
Is there a way to get the content of the message you're getting notified about (in a subscribed thread), as opposed to just the notification?
This is really easy to do but despite two lines of "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" most of our members keep replying to the notifications and not clicking on the link to reply to the new comment.

Simon Mestas
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
1. Post your ISP so we can check to see if we are being blocked from delivery.
2. Add support-at-alfabb.com to your contact list.
3. Check all spam folders for emails from us and if found mark them as "not spam"
4. Notify your ISP that you are not receiving our emails
I verified that GMAIL puts messages from support@AlfaBB.com into the Spam box even if that e-mail address is in the contact list. There is a work-around that prevents this problem from happening:

1. Log into your Gmail account. Near the top of the screen (next to the "Search Mail" and "Search the Web" buttons) is a link that allows you to "Create a Filter." Click it.

Name:  Gmail - AlfaBB filter 0 (cropped).jpg
Views: 469
Size:  25.2 KB

2. On the next screen, enter "support@AlfaBB.com" in the "From:" field, then click on the "Next Step" button.

Name:  Gmail - AlfaBB filter 1b (cropped).jpg
Views: 451
Size:  28.9 KB

3. On the next page, put a check mark in the check box next to "Never send it to Spam", then click on the "Create Filter" button.

Name:  Gmail - AlfaBB filter 2b(cropped).jpg
Views: 498
Size:  30.6 KB

-Ruedi
'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, now a restomod in Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).

Last edited by tubut; 11-12-2010 at 07:01 PM.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to bshorey Send a message via MSN to bshorey Send a message via Yahoo to bshorey
Quote:
This is really easy to do but despite two lines of "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" most of our members keep replying to the notifications and not clicking on the link to reply to the new comment.
For what it's worth, I've *never* gotten anything from the message in the email (other than the link), and I'm sure that some of them have been replied to the proper way.

bs
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 08:16 AM

Not Receiving E-mail Notices of New Posts in Subscribed Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshorey View Post
For what it's worth, I've *never* gotten anything from the message in the email (other than the link), and I'm sure that some of them have been replied to the proper way.

bs
I'm back to where I was in the beginning, I get some e-mail notices and don't get others, so I don't rely on them; I simply go to the bb and know where I left off or what was there previously.

In response to Brian's issue, the ONLY full-text messages I receive in my personal e-mail inbox are those that are sent to my personal e-mail or PM through the bb, otherwise all I get is a link to the subscribed thread where a new post has been added. Yes, I can read e-mail messages or PMs without having to leave my inbox because they are there in total, but not text to new posts on the bb within subscribed threads. TTBOMK, there has always only been a link to new posts within subscribed threads and not full-text of the new post.

I agree with Brian that full-text for new posts to subscribed threads is not within the notification; you have to follow the link to the bb to read the post. AFAIK, it has always been that way.

I would venture to say that Brian responded to 99.9% of the messages properly.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode