Moving and Need Advice (Car Security) - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 15Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
If you don't like Lokki's idea, do you have a family member or very, very close mate who has a property you could store the car at ... and buy a cheap beater.

Parking on the street will mean sleepless nights and heart break anywhere.
Pete
Pete,

Sleepless nights and heartbreak..sounds like a country song, haha. Family in DC, but that's too far Huge thanks for the consideration, Pete. Weighing the options (cost of storage plus a cheap lease vs a more expensive house with garage)...I know the lease won't appreciate, a house will, but so will the Alfa... If I had to gamble on the Alfa or the house to appreciate more relative to the additional cost to upgrade/keep, I think I'd have to go with the car?

-Alec
72GTV2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 06:20 AM
Senior Member
Gold Subscriber
 
Raimondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 841
Garage
Alec,

Your move to Philly was probably NOT a snap decision, so don't make one regarding what to do with your coupe.

As with most things Alfa, it seems that the challenges we face are eventually overcome with some patience, creativity, wisdom and encouraging support from the Alfisti, at large.

Your move to Philly is your next family adventure that will provide all kinds of mostly-pleasant memories, stories, laughs and "how-to's" that will become part of family lore and make for great posts here on the BB.

As family comes first, make a smart decision regarding your next home, rent a safe space for your Alfa for a few months, and you'll have a workable solution by the time they start spreading sand and salt on the streets and highways. There area host of small, 4-door autos w/manual trans to serve as your daily driver.

Posts some photos of your Alfa and let the rest of us, who wish we had a coupe, see what she looks like.

Just DO NOT become an Eagles fan!!!!!

Ray
rsims likes this.

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed
Raimondo is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimondo View Post
Alec,

Your move to Philly was probably NOT a snap decision, so don't make one regarding what to do with your coupe.

As with most things Alfa, it seems that the challenges we face are eventually overcome with some patience, creativity, wisdom and encouraging support from the Alfisti, at large.

Your move to Philly is your next family adventure that will provide all kinds of mostly-pleasant memories, stories, laughs and "how-to's" that will become part of family lore and make for great posts here on the BB.

As family comes first, make a smart decision regarding your next home, rent a safe space for your Alfa for a few months, and you'll have a workable solution by the time they start spreading sand and salt on the streets and highways. There area host of small, 4-door autos w/manual trans to serve as your daily driver.

Posts some photos of your Alfa and let the rest of us, who wish we had a coupe, see what she looks like.

Just DO NOT become an Eagles fan!!!!!

Ray
I hear us Seahawks fans can be worse than Eagles fans... haha. Born and raised in Seattle! Well, the decision to move to Philly wasn't really mine (military) and we were given a 10 week notice. I added three pics of her. We've never been to Philly but it reads nice online. Thanks Ray!
Attached Images
   
72GTV2000 is offline  
 
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Registered User
 
rsims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA, Deptford NJ
Posts: 523
Garage
YES< COWBOYS !!!!!


There should be cheaper garages available in the area you are moving too...

Safe travels and like I said in the PM, Let us know when your state side and we can meet up...

Nice Alfa BTW!!

Robs
72GTV2000 likes this.

Rob S, Cur.84 Spider,87 Milano.01 XK8,Prev 91 164L ,81 Spider,81 380SL,63 BJ8 Healey, 76 Spider,79 Spider,90 quad spider.348 Ferrari spider.Harleys
rsims is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 07:57 AM
Senior Member
Gold Subscriber
 
Raimondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 841
Garage
Thumbs up

Oh, a "snap-to" decision; that explains it.

Well, we Cowboy fans, have a "special" appreciation for the Giants, Eagles and "Skins fans, though we have to make allowances for family and Alfisti.

Speaking of Seattle, my Mom told me that I got my "start" there as my dad was in the Navy and they lived in Seattle for a couple of years.

But now, after seeing your GTV, I must ask you to forgive some very bad advice that I offered, previously. Philly is far too dangerous a place for your Alfa; you definitely need to let me store her for you in my incredibly-safe garage in Tulsa where cars NEVER rust

Ray
72GTV2000 likes this.

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed

Last edited by Raimondo; 04-28-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Raimondo is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 06:55 AM
Registered User
 
kredden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Newcastle, WA
Posts: 3,245
I had the same issue moving from NH to Seattle. Finding enough space for my Alfa's and daily drivers was a big issue so I ended up selling the Alfa's and am still paying through the nose for a rental! Started looking around to buy now and still finding it hard to find anything reasonable (even though my reasonable is 2x what it would have been in NH).

Kevin
72GTV2000 likes this.

Currently Alfaless. Ex: 87 Verde, 86 GTV6, 67 Super, 86 Spider, 88 LeMons Verde
Milano registry custodian(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
kredden is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Registered User
 
Vivace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the GREAT NW
Posts: 1,233
Garage
Something to consider......if you sell that nice GTV now, even at what feels like a tasty price, you might not be able to buy back in at a later date. I've seen it happen with houses, neighborhoods, cars....
72GTV2000 likes this.

Mike
1967 1600 Spider
Vivace is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kredden View Post
I had the same issue moving from NH to Seattle. Finding enough space for my Alfa's and daily drivers was a big issue so I ended up selling the Alfa's and am still paying through the nose for a rental! Started looking around to buy now and still finding it hard to find anything reasonable (even though my reasonable is 2x what it would have been in NH).

Kevin
Yea, I grew up in Seattle. Around 2008-2009, all those Queen Anne/Magnolia/Green Lake homes we're about $225k for a 4/2. Now...$750K plus. It got absolutely crazy...It's got to come back down, hopefully healthy like, in the near future. Thanks for your time!
72GTV2000 is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
Something to consider......if you sell that nice GTV now, even at what feels like a tasty price, you might not be able to buy back in at a later date. I've seen it happen with houses, neighborhoods, cars....
The GTV is definitely staying with us. Looking on eBay, craigslist, auto trader, I rarely ever see more then a handful for sale nationwide.
72GTV2000 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
Replace with
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome