Alfa Romeo Spider 1978 looking for Shop in Miami - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Alfa Romeo Spider 1978 looking for Shop in Miami

This is my Alfa, i have been working on it off and on. I did the paint myself, which came out on the lower end of okay... The interior doesnt have any carpeting, has no top and their is no audio equipment at all. It is also missing alot of the Alfa trim around the car. I was wondering if anyone in the Miami area has someone to go to for what i need. Thanks in advance for your response!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Gold Subscriber

Two Alfa shops in town:
Autoveloce 305-891-9556
Stephens Alfa 954-946-5005

Armando
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 05:36 PM

I just saw Stephen's Alfa Shop in Pompano Beach at 1321 South Dixie Highway and met the staff and what a suprise. A top mechanic in the New York Area many years ago works here. This gentleman was the best and I am looking forward to seeing my Alpha get the love and attention it needs from a top mechanic. I would be selfish if I didn't share this so here you are.
Marty (muttfalk)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Up Date

So i finally had the opportunity to take the alfa to the car shop to get fixed up. I took it to Auto Veloce BTW. So i went in to get the convertible top fixed, new carpet laid, and new ignition switch installed. Turns out, though, that the car was sitting with a gas tank filled of varnish. The mechanic has already, suggested i remove the gas tank, get it cleaned, install a new fuel pump, and new sending unit. The amounts are, 440 to remove/install the tank with new sending unit and misc parts, 160 to clean/reseal the tank, 235 for new fuel pump, and 40 to install it. All these expenses are unexpected, but i am willing to fork it over if the car works after. My question to you veteran Alfa owners is this, after i replace these things, in the worst case scenario, what else would need to be replaced? I would like to get an idea of what i might be spending if the varnished gasoline is throughout the system. Also, how do those prices sound for what i described... if anything ill be posting the progress report here, for people in the future who might have questions.... Thanks for your help in advance...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 04:57 AM

After that fresh fuel should take care of it. The engine will blow out any other crap left in the lines. 5 minutes later she should run like a champ. You are in good hands with Autoveloce!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Car is running

So, since last i posted the car has had the gas tank cleaned, new sending unit, new hoses, new gas filter, misc. little parts, and new gas pump. Grand total, 1300 bucks
(this sound right to you?)... the car runs though, so im thankful that it didnt take more than that. So there you go, for future reference, if anybody leaves their alfa sitting for 2-3 years with gas in it you are making a big mistake. Now to install the carpet and convertible top. Ill post pics when i get it back probably around next saturday or so... i cant wait to be cruisin to key west in this bad boy...

Last edited by colonelcorn4u; 06-04-2011 at 07:14 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Done

Well, I got the car back from Auto Veloce. The convertible top was the last bit they did. Grand total for the top and the fuel issues Approx. 1900 bucks. I only had the bare bone convertible top, no cables, no brackets, no metal strips, no vinyl, no nothing. So i was pretty happy to find it all together for that total.

So i took it home and it ran great! i spent two whole days buffing the car and polishing all the chrome and it looks great. When the sun comes out ill take pics and post. Thanks for reading.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode