Wiper Parking - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Wiper Parking

So I had the instrument cluster out (no fun) to replace the 3 rocker switches, upon reassembly the gas gauge stopped working. I knew the wires had gone back exactly so it must be the sender I thought which just a few weeks ago I had to repair. The float had let enough gas in that it didn't float. A hot soldering iron reflowed the plastic, fixed.
The float and the electrical part of the sender was OK, figured had to take the instruments out again (really didn't want to) just in case.....well hidden amongst all the rats nest of wires was a second red wire, unplugged. On a chance I swapped the red gas gauge wire with this other red wire and the gas gauge worked!
So where does this other red wire go, If you look down to the rocker switch one spade was empty, I tried it there and the wipers parked. But not in their proper location, I think 30 yrs ago I must have disconnected the parking.
So time to see the parking issue. it's easy to get to the wiper assembly and remove it. It was nasty, paint over spray, and the worm gear grease emulsified brown slurry.
Bosch motor is in very good condition, but the output shaft is worn and has play. I could reassemble with the worn shaft but....

Anybody have a good assembly ?????????
Attached Images

George
64 TI (the violin), 87 911 Carrera coupe, 89 Peugeot 505 Turbo Wagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Try APE? I have a Berlina structure in my Super with the original single speed Bosch motor, if I remember the conversion right from 20 years ago.
Andrew
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ape is sending a Milano motor/gearbox assembly which is supposed to swap in, in the meantime I reassembled the old unit and figured out the wiring...it works and parks but it's bangs a lot from the worn shaft.....we'll see.
Attached Images

George
64 TI (the violin), 87 911 Carrera coupe, 89 Peugeot 505 Turbo Wagon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode