Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Details of the Giulia 1300 and the Giulia 1300 TI

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Sergio105 
#1 ·
Dear all,

I have a couple of questions regarding details of the later years of the Giulia 1300 Tipo 105.06 and the Giulia 1300 TI Tipo 105.39:

1. Dirk-Michael Conradt quotes in his book: "Autos die Geschichte machten - Alfa Romeo Giulietta & Giulia 750 101 105" published by Motor Buch Verlag on page 87 and 88 the following (my translation): "February 1966: Giulia 1300 TI (105.39)... With the introduction of the Giulia 1300 TI, Alfa Romeo germany modified the available options for the Giulia 1300 to seperate these two cars better from each other. The Giulia 1300 was now only available as standard with a front bench seat and coloum shift. Seperate seats and floor shift was an option available at a price of 250DM."

I have never seen any Giulia 1300 with a front bench nor with a coloum shift. All the Alfa press release photos i have seen show the Giulia 1300 with seperate seats and floor shift. But looking at the parts catalog, there is a coloum shift listed for the Giulia 1300. Can anybody help me on this?

2. The Giulia 1300 was only built in very little numbers after the arrival of the Giulia 1300 TI and i was unable to find any photos of a Giulia 1300 which was built during 1968 until 1970. Can anybody help me with photos of the cars from 1968 until 1970?

3. In the book: "Alfa Romeo Giulia - Articoli e prove dal 1962 al 1977" published by Editorale Domus, there is a caption on page 155 which according to my translation reads: Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 TI - "The versions 1967 - 1970 ... The 1970 version received the dual brake circuits with hanging pedals. The production of this model ended in May 1972."

I thought the Giulia 1300 Super Tipo 115.09, which was introduced to the public at the Turin Salon in November 1970 was the first Giulia 1300 Sedan which had the dual circuits and the hanging pedals. Can anybody help? Does anybody have photos from a 1971 built Giulia 1300 TI´s Tipo 105.39??

Would be wonderful, if anybody would be able to solve some of these mysteries...

Patrick

See less See more
#2 ·
The few Giulia 1300s (105.06) I know of in the US are far from stock and wouldn't be useful in a comparison. We didn't get them here when new, the ones over here now often have 2000s and many other mods.

The only Giulia I've ever seen with a bench seat was the 105.14 Giulia TI. Again, not a lot of those in the US, but I've seen three over the years, one came from Canada. Giulia 1300s were supposedly using Giulietta engines (with pan change etc). Seems like it would have been extra trouble to make column shift trans for them. I had a French 105.06 owner's manual, but sold it, alas.

Hanging pedals came in on GTV and Berlina in about May 1970, didn't they? US was not getting any Alfas at that time.

Andrew

#3 ·
Hi there Andrew,

just like you i only ever saw the early Giulia TI Tipo 105.14 with a bench seat and coloum shift until now.

The Giulia 1300 engine was not an identical Giulietta engine, but very closely like it, looking at the parts manual, as far as i know. I see no reason though why it would have been difficult for Alfa Romeo to built this car with a coloum shift gearbox, etc., as far as i know the engine has no fixing points which are needed by the coloum shift assembly.

Yes, as far as i know the hanging pedals with the twin brake circuit arrived in 1970. That is the reason i am asking, since it seems to me, all the Alfa Romeo models from that time received this new set up, as far as i know, excluding only the Junior Z which had standing pedals up until the 1600 Z arrived. So it could be the case, that the Giulia 1300 TI also had standing pedals until the end of the production, but they might as well could have received the hanging pedals for 1970/1971?

Does anybody own a late Giulia 1300 TI Tipo 105.39 from mid 1970 - 1972 who can help with photos?

Patrick

#5 ·
I have a 1970 1300TI (105.39.1079718), manufactured on June 24th 1970 and originally sold in Italy. It has floor (standing) pedals, hydraulic clutch, and single-circuit brakes. This may be an earlier manufacture date that you are looking for but let me know if you would like some photos and what, specifically, you'd like to see. --Jim

#4 ·
As far as I know the standing pedal 1300 TI became the 1300 Super (Block type case logo) with hanging pedals.

They shared the same simple dash with the large binnacle and faux wood. The other change was the wiper etc switches moving from the dash to the centre console.
The actual parts of the dash didn't change, they just covered the piece with skai..

There's both 514 and later 508 cars with cambio al Volante (and thus bench seat) according to Marco Fazio.

See quote from an email I got from him..

Dear Mister De Koeijer,
you’re right, but this is a 105.08, still with “cambio al volante”.
Ciao
Marco

#6 ·
Dear JCDK,

yes i am aware of the change from the Giulia 1300 TI to the Giulia 1300 Super Tipo 115.09 and the differences in these two types. For me it is only of interest, if the Tipo 105.39 received hanging pedals during the last part of the production.

Dear Jim,

thank you for sharing the production date and the chassis number. This makes me think, that the Tipo 105.39 cars stayed with the standing pedals until the end of the production, but i really would like to hear from anybody with a later production date to be sure of this.

Can anybody help with photos or details from the Giulia 1300 Tipo 105.06 regarding the possibility of having a front bench and coloum shift?

Can anybody help with photos of a Giulia 1300 Tipo 105.05 which was built between 1968 and 1970??

Would be much appreciated!

Patrick

#7 · (Edited)
Dear JCDK,

yes i am aware of the change from the Giulia 1300 TI to the Giulia 1300 Super Tipo 115.09 and the differences in these two types. For me it is only of interest, if the Tipo 105.39 received hanging pedals during the last part of the production.

Dear Jim,

thank you for sharing the production date and the chassis number. This makes me think, that the Tipo 105.39 cars stayed with the standing pedals until the end of the production, but i really would like to hear from anybody with a later production date to be sure of this.

Can anybody help with photos or details from the Giulia 1300 Tipo 105.06 regarding the possibility of having a front bench and coloum shift?

Can anybody help with photos of a Giulia 1300 Tipo 105.05 which was built between 1968 and 1970??

Would be much appreciated!

Patrick
As far as I know the standing pedal 1300 TI became the 1300 Super (Block type case logo) with hanging pedals.

They shared the same simple dash with the large binnacle and faux wood. The other change was the wiper etc switches moving from the dash to the centre console.
The actual parts of the dash didn't change, they just covered the piece with skai..

There's both 514 and later 508 cars with cambio al Volante (and thus bench seat) according to Marco Fazio.

Dear Mister De Koeijer,
Ciao
Marco
Dear all,

I have a couple of questions regarding details of the later years of the Giulia 1300 Tipo 105.06 and the Giulia 1300 TI Tipo 105.39:

1. Dirk-Michael Conradt quotes in his book: "Autos die Geschichte machten - Alfa Romeo Giulietta & Giulia 750 101 105" published by Motor Buch Verlag on page 87 and 88 the following (my translation): "February 1966: Giulia 1300 TI (105.39)... With the introduction of the Giulia 1300 TI, Alfa Romeo germany modified the available options for the Giulia 1300 to seperate these two cars better from each other. The Giulia 1300 was now only available as standard with a front bench seat and coloum shift. Seperate seats and floor shift was an option available at a price of 250DM."

I have never seen any Giulia 1300 with a front bench nor with a coloum shift. All the Alfa press release photos i have seen show the Giulia 1300 with seperate seats and floor shift. But looking at the parts catalog, there is a coloum shift listed for the Giulia 1300. Can anybody help me on this?

2. The Giulia 1300 was only built in very little numbers after the arrival of the Giulia 1300 TI and i was unable to find any photos of a Giulia 1300 which was built during 1968 until 1970. Can anybody help me with photos of the cars from 1968 until 1970?

3. In the book: "Alfa Romeo Giulia - Articoli e prove dal 1962 al 1977" published by Editorale Domus, there is a caption on page 155 which according to my translation reads: Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 TI - "The versions 1967 - 1970 ... The 1970 version received the dual brake circuits with hanging pedals. The production of this model ended in May 1972."

I thought the Giulia 1300 Super Tipo 115.09, which was introduced to the public at the Turin Salon in November 1970 was the first Giulia 1300 Sedan which had the dual circuits and the hanging pedals. Can anybody help? Does anybody have photos from a 1971 built Giulia 1300 TI´s Tipo 105.39??

Would be wonderful, if anybody would be able to solve some of these mysteries...

Patrick

Dear Mister De Koeijer,
Ciao
Marco
Hi,
Little bit late, but here is an 1970 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 Berlina (105.06). One of the 294 examples. I have a picture of this very car, which was made in 1989, and she had the same exterior trims, so I am pretty sure, that this is the original look of the car. I have many questions about this series too, because after 1968 there were only a few 105.06. For me the column shift is also a question too, I didn't see any 1300 with this qearbox.
Tamás
(The door handles, and window winders are not original)
Sky Cloud Car Tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Speedometer
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.