Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Questions on Giulia TI 1300 engine and transmission

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ctossi 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am working on a Giulia TI 1300 engine and transmission, I have some questions, thanks a lot if anybody can answer:
- engine number (see attachment): on Fusi I found that Giulia TI 1300 engine numbers were all 00539 A...., my engine number is without "A", is it still a Giulia TI 1300 engine?
- Solex carburettor settings: I cannot find them (main jet, Venturi, ...), can anybody tell me which they are or tell me where I can find them?
- if I am not wrong the correct carburettor is C 32 PAIA 7, in your opinion can this engine work also with 35 APAIG with correct jets?
- transmission: is it correct a 5 speed transmission with reverse on the bottom right (no need to press for reverse)?

Thanks again

Carlo

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
What is the chassis number?
Fifth down and to the left, back from reverse, on all these transmissions, but the press-down reverse lock would be through the end of the 1600 transmission era, no lockout came in with the hydraulic clutch on 1750 series, but I can't say specifically what date that was phased into the Giulia 1300 TI. Someone will know; we didn't get them in the US. Also, someone could have changed the transmission. I just worked on a 1965 SS with a 2000-era transmission.

I can't answer the engine block question, other than (1) Fusi is not always right, and (2) what else could it be but a 1300 TI? 1300 Jr and Super is 00530, and 1300 Berlina is 00506. Maybe a car later than the numbers in Fusi?

Andrew

#8 · (Edited)
Hello,

Unfortunately no chassis number, the engine is on a Giulietta.

Thanks for the answers. I think the engine number is correct for a Giulia TI 1300. I guess the main jets for a Giulia TI 1300 Solex 32PAIA7 are 1.25 and 1.45 (same as Giulietta TI and therefore also the Giulietta TI Solex 35 APAIG with same jet sizes should work pretty well on it). Still not very sure if the correct transmission for Giulia TI 1300 engine is 5 speed transmission with reverse on the bottom right (and no need to press for reverse).

Carlo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.