Where are the indicator lights on a 1970 Berlina? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 03-27-2006, 02:49 PM

Where are the indicator lights on a 1970 Berlina?

A friend of mine bought a Euro 1970 Berlina 1750. This is the first model the floor pedals.

We want to make a road going trackday car and one of the ideias was removing the bumpers.

Thats were the problem begins, this berlina has the indicator and driving lights on the bumpers. Were all euro 1750 berlinas like that?

Do you guys have any idea where and how could I relocate the to the body? In a way it would look like a period modification (aka 1750 GTAm style)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2006, 03:02 PM

The indicator lights are between the bumper and the headlights this is for the euro model.
On the US model the indicators goes below the bumper.

Giorgio

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 PM

yeah I know. But this berlina I'm talking about has the installed ON the bumper like the GTV1750 Mk1. Are all 1750 berlinas like that?

Is there any model that has the indicator lights on the body?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:41 PM

Joao yes the 1750 berlina like its GTV brother had a change during its model life from bumper mounted to body mounted. I would say your friends car is probably very early 70 (probably even 1969 build) with these lights.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to magista
My 1970 Euro 1750 Berlina had blinker lights mounted below the headlamps, ie, not on the bumper. In my experience all Euro model Berlinas are like this.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:28 PM

are the indicator lights similar to the berlina 2000 model? I have a pair of those laying around. I could use them and the car would still look original...
Old 03-27-2006, 10:56 PM

Parking Lights

Hi magista,
I have a '69 euro Berlina (purchased new) that has the lights on top of the bumper, same as the GT's. I have found that the American market cars seem to have them under the bumper, and later all had them on the body under the headlights.
I would also note that my '69 does not have any side marker lights at all, such as the "button" type that the U.S. cars of the period had. The cars also had euro lighting and amber direction lens in the tail lights.
My car is a Canadian market car, we got euro spec cars up untill about late '70 early '71 then we got North American spec cars (injected)
Regards Ian.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

I think all non-US Berlinas of all years had them above the bumper, on the body. 69 US cars had the trapezoidal amber lights in the cutout under the bumper, and 71 and later US cars had the larger amber ones, also used on GTVs and Spiders.

Andrew
Old 03-29-2006, 02:45 PM

Lights

Andrew,
Sorry but non U.S. '69 did NOT have them on the body, the lights are on top of the bumper, I have a '69 Berlina in my garage. The body mounted lights came later.
Regards Ian

Last edited by VeloceOne; 03-29-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:56 PM

Oops, you're right. I even had an early non-US bumper with the holes for the lights on top, and should have known better.

Andrew
Old 03-30-2006, 03:58 AM

LOL andrew you actually contradicted whats on your website where you state there are bumper mounted lights on 69 berlinas
Old 03-30-2006, 08:23 AM

Memory must be going selectively.

Andrew

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.