Gents, I have perused these posts several times. Thanks for your thoughts.
Some follow-on questions:
A. What document(s) cite that only "green" was original; document citation needed if available. PM indicates no colors and no options/alternatives. As papajam always indicated, Alfa lit (1st deg) takes precedence over outside lit (2nd deg), to him. Is this "anecdotal" (3rd deg). That is fine if so.
B. Are the brown connectors on my original black/Bakelite set resistors or just connectors? That is not clear to me. They appear to just be connectors. The PM seems to show a resistor insert to the connector for radio noise suppression. AFAIK
, my car has never had a radio installed.
@VeloceOne - do they look kinda grafted like the picture of the green car above with the Bakelite thing attached to a long spark plug connector??
I have inferred answers as follows [xxx]:
1. Were these indeed original style - black w/ Bakelite?
==>[Maybe not, perhaps aftermarket Bosch, citation needed, A above]
2. Did green Cavis wires come on early (ca 65) Supers? In 5 or 7mm?? I read that 5mm were on 101's and 65 105's share some in common but later 105's took 7mm.
==>[possibly, see 1 & A. No answer on 5 vs. 7mm. Chris at Highwood indicated this differentiated 101's form 105's.]
3. Did any Cavis green wires come with the Bakelite end connectors ? (I ask this as from the ABB pic attached, not of mine, where it looks like original Bakelite connectors were cobbled onto Cavis green wires)
==> [VeloceOne says possibly but possibly not OE.]
Cheers all, B
4. Will I damage anything if I pry up the rubber end from the Bakelite piece? Is it a plug-in? I am considering putting the Cavis green wires onto the Bakelite connectors.
==> [Probably no damage, pry and unscrew]
; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
- Spider Veloce
, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (pictures
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (pictures
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca
- '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56 (pics)(more pics) (Blog)
- for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Meconium
- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (pics
) - for another Euro trip?
- El Blanco -
'75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black - pics
- Colonel Mustard
- '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (pics
) - LINK
- '70 1300 TI
, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (pics
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina
(wish I still had)
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog
Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog
Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog