I need to nudge GiuliaBianca into this discussion again. The list of potential '65 to Feb.(?) '66 change items is potentially becoming longer, now to just nail down some close SN's.
The potential changes:
1. No red lines on tach
2. No bolting tabs on valve cover (101)
3. No engine calve cover to intake breather (101)
4. Shallow oil pan (101)
5. TI style door hinges (105.14)
But as usual, the changeover may not have been all at one time but as they ran out of old parts in the bin or gotten a new supply.
Marco did mention something about prototypes coming from 105.14 cars above on the SN1 car.
Now if we can fill-in some more Serial Numbers and reported production dates, either from owners or Marco:
SN305001 to 325783 (20,783#) were made "in 1965" per Tabuccci - but does 1965 cover up to the Feb. 66 sub-model changes?
- AR 105.26*305001 (#1), manufactured on the 22nd December 1965, "but I suppose this could be one prototype from a 105.14 chassis, assembled before that date". AS
- AR105.26*316031 (#11,030) - manufactured on the 31st August 1965. AS
- AR105.26*317781 (#12,780) -- (Randy) ??
- AR105.16*325001 (#20,000) - manufactured on the 23rd December 1965. AS
And RHD -
- AR105.28*720236 - manufactured on the 2nd July 1965. AS
- AR105.28*721136 - manufactured on the 2nd August 1966. AS
PS: Derek - it is interesting and of concern to note in Tabucci that they list no RHD SN's until the 72+ models. The SN's listed earlier do not even include the sequence you have noted (700,000's) but the 72 models RHD starts with 786001 (same 700k sequence anyway). Perhaps they started in '65 with SN720,001?? So I do not know how to account for them or their numbers. Someone needs to sit down with Marco and his journal some day.
; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
- Spider Veloce
, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (pictures
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (pictures
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca
- '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56 (pics)(more pics) (Blog)
- for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Meconium
- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (pics
) - for another Euro trip?
- El Blanco -
'75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black - pics
- Colonel Mustard
- '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (pics
) - LINK
- '70 1300 TI
, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (pics
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina
(wish I still had)
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog
Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog
Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog
Last edited by Anfanuts; 01-28-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Reason: add PS