Aussie '66 Giulia Super Resto - Page 13 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 05-18-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa2go View Post
Jorma, my original 'Made in Italy' was a sticker
Hi Derek, these detailing things are very interesting. I've seen aluminium plate decals on 101 series and early 105s, who knows they went to stickers on later cars.. My Super hasn't ”Made in Italy” dacal at all, I just add it as it looks so cool It's true, sticker could be more correct on my case..

Attached picture of original ”Made in Italy” plate.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 04:49 AM

Hi Derek,
Great progress on the car, sill work looks nice... we have to use self fabricated ones here as too costly to ship from abroad.

I'll be needing some plaques and decals soon as my car will be painted very soon. Paint decal should be Biancospino AR 013 and my tipo plaque should say tipo 10526 g.d I think. Do you think you can get these for me from your end?
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:33 AM

Sure, I'll get them for you and send over. The tipo is 10528 g.d. for RHD. Looking forward to see yours painted

Last edited by alfa2go; 05-28-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 03:38 AM

Well even though I havent got any updates on my car due to a week holiday at the beach it was nice to catch up with Ben (italiansedanman) at his restaurant - Targa in Byron Bay. Then as I am driving back I spot a pino verde Super near my Aunts place at the Tweed, owned by none other than John (alfafarm)! Both guys truly infected with the alfa virus.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2011, 04:09 AM
Gold Subscriber

No News other than part for my spider arriving this week. Great weekend Derek(ALFA2GO) Ben (italiansedanman) and John(Alfafarm) finally met probably shared even more of Alfa virus John
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2011, 05:14 AM

Finally an update on my car. Not much, but something. I went over to the body shop and got my account up to date so they can go on with the work now which is good.

It looks like all the metal work is just about done now. The sills are repaired and replaced, as well as the dog legs at the front of the rear wheels. In the end we had to replace all of the lower panels except the back panel which was nearly perfect surprisingly. From what I have seen and been told it looks like the door gaps will be quite good which is pleasing. Next time I visit should be to check to fit of the front grille, and getting all the holes drilled that are needed for lights, grille, rocker SS spears etc. Bodywork has to be on the home straight yes?

I'm starting to prepare some of the bits to go back on, I'll post some photos over the weekend.
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Gold Subscriber

Hi Derek,
What wheels do you have on her?
Jim
Old 06-25-2011, 08:09 PM

Jim, they are original early steelies that have been widened. They must have gotten the offset right because they seem to fit well in the back without rubbing. They have 205/50s on at the moment which is a bit too wide for my liking. I like these wheels because I can fit the original small ring hubcaps.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:03 AM

I've been tidying up the headlights over the last couple of evenings. I'm glad I had a few spares as there were bent buckets, cross-threaded screws, missing seals etc so I had my trusty parts manual to show me what bits I should have.

Always bear in mind my car is to be a daily driver to work and not a show queen so if my black paint is not the right 'sheen' for originality I'm not too concerned. It'll be a helluva lot better that it was.

It is nice have some early Carellos with the cursive script. Hard to find for a RHD but they are out there as others seem to be finding stashes quite recently too.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2011, 06:07 AM

The rubber seals on the back seem to be a bit shrunken(is that a word?). Is there a way to expand them a bit? These are the early seals that dont have the built in rubber cover for the adjustment screw and are definitely not as supple as the later seals. The parts manual also shows a seal at the front of the lamp between the glass and the grille. Does anyone sell these or do I just cut my own out of something?
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Gold Subscriber

Hi Derek,
You can try putting them in hot water to make them flexible, or I have used a heat gun, very carefully, as you can scorch or melt the rubber. You could try flea bay Italy and/or some of the larger suppliers....not cheap and the shipping is a killer.
Jim
Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 PM

Yes I might just heat them. My luck is I would melt them with my heat gun so I might just borrow the wife's hairdryer when she isn't looking!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Gold Subscriber

C'mon Derek, we all know it's your hair dryer:>
Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 PM

Caught me out, I must be using it too much. Its starting to burn back the front edge of my hairline and turn bits grey.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:52 AM

I've recovered old rubber by leaving in a bath of rubber/vinyl protectant for a day or two. The rubber absorbs the stuff, expands a bit and is nice and flexible. Silicone can often work too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.