Anyone buy Alfa parts from Performatek? - Moved - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

2Likes
  • 1 Post By ghnl
  • 1 Post By 76Satisfaction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Anyone buy Alfa parts from Performatek? - Moved

Performatek - Performatek - Home

I wonder if any of you have dealt with them, how reputable they are?

I ordered a sizable set of poly bushings from them before the New Year and haven't received anything yet. Could be the Holidays and such. But no email confirmation, etc. I will contact them but wanted to hear your impressions.

They came up as an online search result. Offer a large selection of Alfa Milano / GTV6 bushings.

Thanks,
- Art

2007 Aston DB9, 1994 Alfa 164 LS, 1982 Alfa GTV6 Balocco SE, 1975 Maserati Bora, 1967 Plymouth Satellite convertible, 1965 Plymouth Satellite hardtop

Last edited by papajam; 01-08-2017 at 05:03 AM. Reason: add moved to title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 07:43 AM

I ordered sway bar bushings and had to file a complaint with PayPal and eventually got my money back after several months of emails not getting returned. Would NEVER do business with them again. There are others on here that rate them highly. So, it is kinda' like Russian roulette, sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. To me that is not a good business model.

He is only a re-seller, I found poly bushings from other sources and received them in 3 days.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:12 AM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Garage
I've bought parts from Performatek without problems but we've heard too many stories from those that have had issues - mainly from buyers not in the USA. I suspect they are not too tech savvy and often the email gets missed, deleted, who knows? Try a phone call before giving up.

Since it is likely difficult for you to make a phone call from Norway let me know if you want me to call for you.
nunki likes this.

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- fuel injector cleaning

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I ordered a set of Ate Rotors for my GTV6 on Dec 20 and they arrived on Dec 23. That is my normal experience but I ALWAYS place my orders with Andy by phone. He tells me if he has the parts in stock and he is a wealth of good advice and information.

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
85 GTV6 3L
76 Suzuki GT500

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghnl View Post
I've bought parts from Performatek without problems but we've heard too many stories from those that have had issues - mainly from buyers not in the USA. I suspect they are not too tech savvy and often the email gets missed, deleted, who knows? Try a phone call before giving up.

Since it is likely difficult for you to make a phone call from Norway let me know if you want me to call for you.
Thanks for sharing experiences and this kind offer!

Too bad they are hit & miss. Not fun. But OK- I'll call them on Monday. I travel back & forth, and am in NY now (I even made a mental note before I ordered I could easily drop by Sherborn on my way to other business I have in MA and NH if I had to). Too bad they aren't more reliable, but I still have some faith. I'll contact them and see how or if we can move this forward.

Cheers,
- Art

2007 Aston DB9, 1994 Alfa 164 LS, 1982 Alfa GTV6 Balocco SE, 1975 Maserati Bora, 1967 Plymouth Satellite convertible, 1965 Plymouth Satellite hardtop
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Andy is a great guy who is really committed to our cars, but he is a one-man shop and sometimes things fall through the cracks.

I ordered vented rear rotors from him (now sadly NLA) and they didn't come for a while. When I called, he said the order that I poked in on his web site had gotten lost. I got the rotors not long after that call.

So if you just poked your order in on the web and haven't spoken to him, I would advise you to call Andy before you give up.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=RexCars;7390801
So if you just poked your order in on the web and haven't spoken to him, I would advise you to call Andy before you give up.[/QUOTE]

IF he answers the phone which he DOES NOT, that was my experience! Also, why do you need to call after placing an order or have other AlfaBB members call him for you? What kind of business model is this?!? Hey may be a great guy and may be committed but his business practice is what needs attention!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Andy has always answered the phone when I called. I buy almost all of my brake and suspension parts from him as he only sells good quality parts. He will not sell the sub-standard stuff that some others do.

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
85 GTV6 3L
76 Suzuki GT500

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Platinum Subscriber

I never had a problem getting Andy on the phone either.

And when I did call him, he was very generous with his time in describing how best to set up my car.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Garage
I've bought bushings and other items from Andy, and I agree he's always generous with good experience-based advice, and he is committed to our Alfas. I've dealt with him mainly by phone. But yes--he is a one man band, and I suppose life gets in the way for him also, at times. I agree it's best to give him a call.

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:49 PM

Always call. If you miss him, call back.
Email order, forget about it.
Great guy with quality parts.
After placing order call back in a few days to make sure it shipped. As others have said sometimes he's overwhelmed but always delivers in the end.

87 Milano Platinum
76 Alfetta GT race car
70 Fulvia 1.3 Rally S
68 Fiat 850
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
ALL GOOD... Thanks!

Called this morning,
Picked up my call promptly and he knew my order right away. No problems, just a little backlog from the Holidays.
Cheers,
- Art
ghnl likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode