Beware: EBay Alfa-Romeo-Store - Moved - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 06:37 PM

The majority of the positive feedback for both "Alfa-Romeo-Store" and the seller of the **Super Rare Black GTV6** with the $200 paint job () is for junk costume jewelry and fake diamonds.

Pro Tip - when an ebay seller has lots of positive feedback but it is for low priced crap then unless you are buying low priced crap from them then caveat emptor (really beware).

Thanks for the heads up - I saw the Alfa-Romeo-Store listings on recent ebay searches and thought the parts were very expensive - sorry to hear you got burnt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Platinum Subscriber

You have full buyers protection, unless you've waited too long. first, I would call Ebay to discuss this issue, (time frame). They will walk you thru the return process. Bottom Line, If the description doesn't match the item, you are covered. All this info. is on the site. In this case, it is not the sellers decision, not to refund, but yours. That is Ebay Policy. Go to: "Resolution Center".
Or, just go to My Ebay, Purchase History, and click onto "refund, Or I want to return" or whatever. Obviously, if you send it back, and no longer have it, he will have to refund, especially via PP.
But I've got to wonder, why, if this was bought in Nov, are you now just getting around to this complaint? Bob

Last edited by 1alfanatic; 01-07-2017 at 07:51 AM.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Also, you posted, that the seller "edited" his description after the sale? That is not possible. It is impossible to go back and Edit a description after a sale. I'm guessing you failed to read the full description. And, after this issue gets resolved, you should give him Very Negative Feedback. Bob Lesher
rogerspeed likes this.

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:19 AM

sorry to hear about your problem. i also of late have had a few brushes with ebay sellers. parts not arriving,even though they are claimed to being shipped,wrong item ect.... as others have said go to the resolution center where you can speak to a human, state your case. pay pal also has a method to handle disputes. your credit card company as well. don't give up. all of this is time consuming with the phone calls and emails to dispute against the sellers but worth it. you should not have to chalk it up to lesson learned it is they who need to learn a lesson in fair and honest sales. they are counting on you to lay down and not go through the process, wrong, go through it. my last few transactions where bad and i got all my money back even after being offered partial refunds. nope, its full refunds time. teach these a$$ hats a lesson. Cheers Neil
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Remember that there is a time limit for leaving feedback. I had problems with a motorcycle that I bought and had shipped. The seller strung me along until it was too late to leave feedback and then he went silent.

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
85 GTV6 3L
76 Suzuki GT500

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Gold Subscriber

This is why I am disappointed when someone has a bad eBay seller experience. All sellers get the blame for the bad apples.
As a precaution all buyers should check the seller feedback. Also communication with the seller prior to auction end. Don't wait until auction end. Get a bad feeling, don't bid. All sellers are required to have a return policy, check the requirements as the vary by seller. Ask for photos of stated damaged or repaired areas. Sellers also have bad sales with buyers.
Cheers, Jon

Present:
1967 Spider
1974 GTV (1969 Tribute)
1967 Spider (project)
Past:
1964 Giulia Sprint. 1966 Giulietta 101 Sprint
1967 Super 1968 GTV 1974 Berlina
1979 Alfetta Mille Miglia 1987 Milano
Non Alfa:
1953 MGTD 1958 TR3 1962 AH 3000 MKII
1969 AMX
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
All sellers are required to have a return policy, check the requirements as the vary by seller.
Do you know of any instance when a vehicle that as been shipped, or a large heavy part that cost hundreds of dollars to ship, as been returned at the seller's expense?

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
85 GTV6 3L
76 Suzuki GT500

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaparticle View Post
Do you know of any instance when a vehicle that as been shipped, or a large heavy part that cost hundreds of dollars to ship, as been returned at the seller's expense?
In accordance with eBay return policy the seller is responsible for return shipping charge as stated " buyer has an expectancy that item is in in good condition and return fee would be at sellers expense". Have I personally known of an incident...no. eBay/ PayPal has ability to hold or withdrawn funds from seller account to cover charges.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Jon

Present:
1967 Spider
1974 GTV (1969 Tribute)
1967 Spider (project)
Past:
1964 Giulia Sprint. 1966 Giulietta 101 Sprint
1967 Super 1968 GTV 1974 Berlina
1979 Alfetta Mille Miglia 1987 Milano
Non Alfa:
1953 MGTD 1958 TR3 1962 AH 3000 MKII
1969 AMX
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 06:33 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
I have returned several things at the seller's expense. When they are being difficult, I involve eBay and it gets handled. Fair is fair. Why should I have to pay to return something that was misrepresented?

This situation is different and the seller is within his rights to deny the return.
rogerspeed likes this.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Platinum Subscriber

In my case the initial "deposit" was by paypal and the balance was by cashier's check and that seems to be a common situation. Should I have insisted on paying the whole amount with paypal? The seller laughed at me when I told him that I wanted a refund ($3250 + $600 shipping).

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
85 GTV6 3L
76 Suzuki GT500

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

I never use anything except credit card via PayPal for eBay, or for anything else off the web. When I had problems, either PayPal itself or the credit card covered the deal.

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:37 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1alfanatic View Post
Also, you posted, that the seller "edited" his description after the sale? That is not possible. It is impossible to go back and Edit a description after a sale. I'm guessing you failed to read the full description. And, after this issue gets resolved, you should give him Very Negative Feedback. Bob Lesher
that is true you cannot edit the description after the sale.

the ad states there is a repaired crack:

Rare Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 Front Grill WITHOUT Emblem Very Good Condition
It has a repaired crack at left side

Shipping is FREE in the United States
International shipping: $200.00

Payment by PayPal only

1992 alfa romeo spider veloce
2000 saab 9-3 coupe
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I think its time to get back to posts about other things. My PayPal is paid from a bank account so there is no credit card to stop payment on. (maybe I'll change that)

The seller has my $150

I have a grill that has the entire side cracked off in between the headlights, with what look like Duco cement smeared all over every edge. (free to whomever wants it)

I opened a case in the resolution center, the seller was able to close it. As I stated I offered to pay the shipping back for a refund.

The email from the seller I received said that I broke it.

The picture on the eBay listing shows a grill in one piece, not two and the description states that it is in very good condition. I was wrong with respect to the seller editing the description.

I posted negative feedback after the seller refused a refund and claimed that I had broken the grill. The seller responded to my feedback by stating that I requested a refund 2 months and 20 days after I purchased it. This is a lie as I received it on November 16th and requested the return January 4th after I returned from a trip overseas. That's 7 weeks not 11 as the seller stated in his response. As I said I took a quick look at it when it arrived and it looked OK. I spend every Christmas in Denmark so I was away in December.

I buy and sell on eBay. I have a feedback of 1008 with no negative feedback at all. My motivation in bringing this up was to prevent any of my fellow Alfisti from having this happen to them.

Lets all put this to rest and go drive, work on, buy, sell or otherwise enjoy our cars.

Greg

1972 Berlina Vintage Racer, 1987 Milano Platinum (LeMons Car), 1982 GTV6 EP Race Car, 1974 GTV Vintage Race Car, 2012 VW GTI stage II, 1966 Corvette Coupe 327-350, 2007 Triumph T100 Bonneville. Dearly departed: 1971 Fiat 124 Spider, 1983 Saab 900 Turbo, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1995 BMW 540i Sport, 2014 Audi A4 (swamped)
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:15 AM

Vulture warning:

I'm looking for a rough GTV-6 grill for my rough GTV-6 - I'll buy it

Graham
88 Milano Verde "Corvino", 91 164L 5spd, 79 Sprint Veloce, 85 GTV-6
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 10:22 AM

Greg were you able to give him neg feedback at least?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
{Oo==V==oO}

Currently:
'75 Giulia Nuova Super 1300 Blu Olandese
'71 Euro Berlina 2000 (on a restoration process)
'85 GTV6 Nero
'87 Milano Verde
'87 Milano Platinum

{OO==V==OO}

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode