A Big "Well Done" for Tony and AlfaStop - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Thumbs up A Big "Well Done" for Tony and AlfaStop

Some weeks back, I placed my first order with AlfaStop. Tony replied within a week with the Easy Quote price. He asked if I wanted to insure the order and I said, "Yes". I heard nothing in reply. I had read about emails and phone calls going unanswered, so I thought the silence was par for the course.

About a month later, I received notice that an attempt had been made to deliver a package at my residence by UPS, though the sender was not identified. A delivery slip left on my door gave the location of the UPS store and hours it was open. The next day, (last Saturday), I asked my son, David, to stop by and pick it up, but he couldn’t make it before the store closed.

This past Monday, I was in the garage working on the Spider, when the USPS van pulled up to deliver a package. It turned out to be the air filter canister that Bill Gillham had reworked to serve the twin Webers (a beautiful piece of work)! Not paying attention, I made the mistake of confusing the United States Postal Service acronym, USPS, for UPS, and went about my business. It never dawned on me that both UPS and the USPS would be delivering packages within a three-day window!

When I didn't hear back from Tony after sending the email asking him to insure my order, I checked my Master Card statement and sure enough, there was the Alfa Stop charge. I sent another email asking for shipping info; little did I realize that it had been processed and was already in Tulsa!

This afternoon, Tulsa time, Tony sent me an email checking on the situation and wondered why I hadn’t received the order. He then called UPS here in the States and was told the order had not been picked up and was slated to be returned to him! He asked UPS to hold it for one more week before returning it and they agreed! Talk about going the second mile and then some.

I cannot comment on the experience of others, but as far as I concerned, Tony has not seen the last of my business.
Ray

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed

Last edited by Raimondo; 11-19-2016 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Edit typo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode