Rims restored by Wheel Wizard in Atlanta, Ga. - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jim G
  • 2 Post By 101/105guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Rims restored by Wheel Wizard in Atlanta, Ga.

I had my Cromodora magnesium rims restored by Wheel Wizard in Atlanta, Ga. They did an excellent job for a very fair price on some rough rims. I got the fair price because when I dropped them off they were really busy this spring. I told Janet I wasn't in a hurry and to take their time. They had them for about 4 to 5 months. But about 2 months or so of that was my fault. I'm very pleased with how they turned out. They also removed the old tires and saved them for me and mounted and balanced the new ones. They put the weight on the inside of the rim and even painted them the color of the rims. They have done quite a few magnesium rims over the last 20 some odd years and are very knowledgeable on them.

http://www.wheelwizard.com/index.html
Attached Images

ghnl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
WOW, really nice work! Looked like years of old paint over old paint. Those look like a pre-85 set of the 12# Al-Mg alloy rims. The date stamp box is on the rear.

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Piper- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
WOW, really nice work! Looked like years of old paint over old paint. Those look like a pre-85 set of the 12# Al-Mg alloy rims. The date stamp box is on the rear.

Your thinking of the Campanogo's that came on the early 80's spiders. These are the 70's magnesium Cromadoras. I'll check the date tomorrow. But I think there dated from the early 70's. They weigh around 11 pounds.

I do have a set of the pre 85 wheels in good shape.

It was a lot of corrosion under the paint. I think they had been painted about 23 years ago incorrectly and even though sitting in a dry garage for the last 19 years. 2 of the corrode under the paint a lot and the other 2 just a little. Wheel Wizard did a very good job. Considering the amount of pitting under the paint.

I saved the 20 year old Dunlop D60's. The still have all of the little bits of rubber sticking out from the molding process on the thread. I hope to have it going by next summer.

Pictures of all four wheels before being done.
Attached Images

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:08 PM

Garage
Jim, those are my favorite wheels for a 105 spider or GTV! I am glad you are getting the spider back on the road after all those years. It still looks good, even with the 'barn find' dust. WL is taking the Giulietta to Hilton Head; I suspect you know that, if you have talked with your brother in the last 6 months. WL is probably keeping Charlie busy or driving him crazy.

It looks like I'll be coming back up to Hartwell October 14-17th to do a little fishing. Hopefully we can get together then and talk Alfa or compare boats;-)

Mark
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONBLOCK View Post
Jim, those are my favorite wheels for a 105 spider or GTV! I am glad you are getting the spider back on the road after all those years. It still looks good, even with the 'barn find' dust. WL is taking the Giulietta to Hilton Head; I suspect you know that, if you have talked with your brother in the last 6 months. WL is probably keeping Charlie busy or driving him crazy.

It looks like I'll be coming back up to Hartwell October 14-17th to do a little fishing. Hopefully we can get together then and talk Alfa or compare boats;-)

Mark
I think its both with WL. In a good way. Their putting some of RJ's cams in it. It will be interesting to see what they do to a 750 normale.

Sent you a PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
i have worked with wheel wizard when i lived in atlanta on my saab many years ago.

glad to hear they are still in business and going strong.

1992 alfa romeo spider veloce
2000 saab 9-3 coupe
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:37 PM

Cool My favorite too!

Just got mine done by a local powder coater.......
$75 each, finished in 4 days......
Attached Images

Capp and ghnl like this.

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode