Inside every GTV......is a GTA - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 12-18-2004, 06:23 PM

Inside every GTV......is a GTA

I've made turn signals using the perscription bottle method only one appears in the pic. Enjoy
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Gold Subscriber

gta in a gtv

hi,
your car looks great! is it a '69 or '71?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-18-2004, 10:47 PM

Thanks

Its a 1969 I've had it since July and have been spending every penny on it!! My girlfriend keeps asking if she's going to get anything for Christmas. I guess it depends on if the the alfa needs anything.Ha ha I want to recomend to other GTV owners to get rid of the front and rear mufflers/resonator the center one is all I'm using and the sound is incredible! Surprisingly its easily quiet enough to be legal and you can still carry on a conversation at normal volume.

Jeff
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2004, 05:32 AM
Trained Professional
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Nice mod on the lights!

Question on the brakes though. What happened to the rear brake booster? How do the brakes feel with only the fronts boosted?

Series 1 Euro 1750 GTV
Series 2 USA 1750 GTV
Old 12-19-2004, 10:07 AM

Brake booster

Thats a good question Jim. I know I told you that when I first did it I didn't really like the way it felt, but after I worked out a few things (new booster hose and a complete bleeding;I had one bleeder screw that wasn't working,etc). Then everything was awesome. I've got a set of new pads and new rotors which I'll probably install over break. I can't wait to find out what that will feel like!! The rotors and pads that came on the car are really shot so I know that with new ones it will stop on a dime. Basically I love the fronts only boost set-up it just needs a little tinkering to get it where it works good. Even if I had a working booster for the rear I probably wouldn't use it. I think you're doing the right thing with yours front boost only is the way to go!! Theres a guy in the St.louis club with a beautiful 69gtv thats been $$$restored he totally bypassed his boosters because he says you get a better pedal feel. IMHO having only the fronts boosted feels like its made to be that way.

I can't wait until your car is finished that 68 is one rare and good-looking machine!!

Jeff
Old 01-05-2005, 06:24 PM

beautiful '69 gtv. i've also got a series 1, and am shopping around for interesting colors. do you know what color yours is? the AR___ number is on a label
on the underside of the trunk lid. it's a great color!
john
Old 01-05-2005, 07:35 PM

A Little Photoshop magic

Hey a virtual customization of your car. Whewwww hooooo!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2005, 10:07 AM

nice PS work

I've noticed yr other posts that yr quite Photoshop friendly, nice work! Too bad we don't have a way to photoshop the rust off of the car for real!!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:07 PM

Usually at work I get bored quite easily, so doing this photoshop stuff is a GREAT release!!!!!!!! I love that color though, gorgeous!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.