Alfa Romeo Forums banner

I have pipe envy

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  101/105guy 
#1 · (Edited)
Text deleted

#2 · (Edited)
Pipes more visible in this view

This car seems early enough to have come with one-piece bumpers, but the rear is a three-piece. The front looks one piece. Are we seeing some damage to the right, forward-facing end of the rear bumper in this photo? None of the other photos show that corner of the car.

This post has been deleted
#3 · (Edited)
My car was fitted with the three-piece stainless rear bumper at the factory, but has the single piece chromed front bumper. Nothing unusual about that. Stock levels on the production line went up and down and the early rear bumper might have ceased production by early 1965.
My Sprint is s/n #616147 which means it was one of the last 105.02's built in 1966. It came with one-piece front and rear bumpers. I had assumed the 105.02's got one-piece bumpers and the 105.36's got the multi-piece stainless. But as you say, it could also be that the boys in Arese just installed whichever type of bumper was in stock.

#7 ·
Come again??

I'll bet I'm not the only one that would like to know what Alex said or did that was sooo naughty to get it "delighted".

Feel free to PM me with the info. :x

NB: Yes, I know that's the wrong word.....:nerd:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.