Alfa Romeo Forums banner

GTV6 Modern air conditioning

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RexCars 
#1 ·
This the second install I have completed. The goal is modern ac with a stock appearance . I have no idea why the photo is upside down!
I do have a pictorial of the method involved . PM me and I will email to you. This is not a tutorial but pictures show the progression . I have about 50 hrs into this install .

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Put a Vintage Air in one of mine, but she far from original She's a Scuderia Non Originale! GiGi, but me 84 has all the original stuff and still work, and don't believe it? Good job!!

#3 · (Edited)
Upgrade the blower fan

I had to replace the blower motor in mine. My parts guy found a larger one with internal resistors. The original motor has plastic spacers around it. Removed the spacers and the new one fit perfectly.
Alfa, in their wisdom, has the internal as well as external air inlet up at the top, directly under the HOT black dash board. So the internal air gets sucked up and pre heated. Great thinking!!!

Oh, your pic is correctly oriented. It the view we have when lying on the back looking upwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.