Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Why is my browser is not able to DL pictures??

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  alfa_corse 
#1 ·
For some reason my web browser will not download the photos posted. I only get a white box wih an 'X' in it. All of the other graphics come through OK; but any attached pictures do not. When I change the settings in my pref's (on alfabb) to show links instead of pictures in the thread; the picture links don't work.

Any info on how to fix this would be much appreciated!!

(I'm running Internet Explorer 6, windows XP, pentium IV, and DSL connection).

Thanks,

Russ

#2 ·
You're probably running Norton Internet Security. This program causes problems when used together with MS IE v. 6. One solution is to download Zone Alarm so that you maintain your firewall protection, and disabling NIS whenever you wish to view pics here. Someone else mentioned disabling just the Privacy Control and/or Ad Blocking features in NIS. You can download Zone Alarm for free: http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp?lid=home_zainfo

#4 ·
Hey thanks all... I will try out your suggestions and let you know if it fixes the problem (fingers tightly crossed).

I am running NIS; so I will try and turn off the pop-up/Ad blocking feature first.

-Russ

#6 ·
Fixed! Yes it was Norton Internet Security; turning off the browser privacy in the Privacy Control section seems to be what was causing the problem.

Thanks for the help!

-Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.