Alfa Romeo Forums banner

NightTime Riding

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  AlfaRacer75 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Its the new one. Very cool, i love it. I bought it for the programable shift light feature. There is also some cool stuff, you can have 4 different cars programmed in, and drag race mode is pretty cool. Gives estimate on horsepower and gives all your times. And then you can download it all onto the computer Can set the shift light to go on at any rpm. and trust me, its so bright you dont miss it. A normal shiftlight + paying a mechanic to wire it would have cost a lot more

#5 ·
164QV said:
Erh, please enlighten me: What exactly is a GTech device? :confused:
Great pics by the way - great idea to take some at nighttime.
It's an accelerometer performance testing doo-hickey . Check out the website: http://www.gtechpro.com

It does things like measure 0-60mph, 1/4 mile time, cornering g's, braking distances, horsepower & torque, etc. The new one also has a shift light that somehow senses engine RPM without being wired into the car.

I have the old model and have been contemplating the new one because it has data logging software and other cool goodies. I think it would be a neat tool to have on track days. With the GTech Competition and an onboard video camera I could see which laps I pulled the highest lateral Gs, braked the deepest, got on the gas the earliest, etc.

#6 ·
AlfaRacer75 said:

I have the old model and have been contemplating the new one because it has data logging software and other cool goodies. I think it would be a neat tool to have on track days. With the GTech Competition and an onboard video camera I could see which laps I pulled the highest lateral Gs, braked the deepest, got on the gas the earliest, etc.
Only works for 1/4 miles, road racing version coming out soon though (at least thats what they told me..) :cool:

#7 ·
Really? It says on thier website that it would do a g-force vs. time graph, but I just read the online manual and it's only FORWARD g-force. BUMMER. I'm kinda disappointed, it says it only does data logging for 1/4 mile runs... so even though it has the memory to store a couple laps of a racetrack, it stops recording the first time you let off the gas so it would be useless.

Hopefully they will come out with the roadracing/autocross firmware soon and it will be better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.