Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa GT

10K views 117 replies 21 participants last post by  GTVMAN 
#1 ·
Finally, Alfa has released more info and pics of the new Alfa GT:

Its based on the 156, with more less the same range of engines available.
More pics here.

See less See more
#79 ·
To be honest I like this badge.The very fisrt one!!!:p

Attachments

#80 ·
Ok, but don't become so cynical.... I am not a blind Alfa maniac (an Alfa maniac only....:D ). I can see and judge some things. I am not stucked so much as you think to the past. I think that the major change in Alfa Romeo tactics was the subtraction of the MILANO word from the badge. This was something representing a change to Alfa Romeo tactics, ie. to make an international company, not only a small manufacturer from Milano.

Another ral Alfa will be produced, the 8C. This Alfa will have the new Alfa badge on it. This is NOT something that proves that this Alfa will not be a real one, as I can judge which one is real and which one is not...

#81 · (Edited)
The removal of Milano from the badge had nothing to do with tactics. It was simply because the "Sud" factory was being built at the time, and thus Alfa was no longer a "Milano" company only.

And by the way; I think its very appropriate to be cynical about you displaying the "right" badge, since you are so negative towards many of the cars that a lot of people on this BB love and drive. The least you can expect for someone that fanatic is for them to stick to their guns and display some consequence. Otherwise your radical statements becomes somewhat diluted and even more difficult to take serious. ;)

#82 ·
164QV said:
Tjena Svenskan! Läget?
Actually, its 164QV... I am still saving to get me a Q4! :D
Svenskan? ***, are you calling me a beatch?? ;) :D Svensken please.. (sry 'bout the nick, didn't mean to imply that you have a car with powered rear wheels... :p )

nino1969 said:
If I remember well, another cost-cutting same platform with Fiat Croma, Lancia Thema, ahh and Saab 9000CD. Nice, nice, very nice :D :D

"SemiAlfistaNino"
Well, they share some components (a piece of metal in the floor?) but the chassis is very different, the 164 is a totally different car compared to the Saab 9000.
You should know that the new Alfa has the same platform as the new Saab 9-3, the Epsilon platform...

75evo said:
No Mats, you're not an Alfista. You added 16" wheels to your car! Arghhhh!!! Hmm and what about lowering springs... sheesh... truly not an Alfista....

My car is stock. :rolleyes: I'm an Alfista.

Oh wait, my car is a 162 ...hmmm that's like a mongrel car right?
Thats not all I changed but I'm not about to put a Chevy V8 or a Saab Turbo engine in there...
I know you're kidding but by the same logic all racing Alfas except the factory supported ones are "bastard cars". I don't think they are.
Mongrel? translation please... :)
BTW, Does the alu plate in engine bay say "Alfa Lancia" on the late American cars too? ;) (It doesn't on the 75 T)

#83 ·
164QV said:
And by the way; I think its very appropriate to be cynical about you displaying the "right" badge, since you are so negative towards many of the cars that a lot of people on this BB love and drive. The least you can expect for someone that fanatic is for them to stick to their guns and display some consequence. Otherwise your radical statements becomes somewhat diluted and even more difficult to take serious. ;)
I think that i have to be more negative in judging cars like a GTV with a turbocharger, than being negative with a badge. As YOU said the badge has nothing to do with Alfas tactics and as I said the badge is not something that proves the Alfaoriginality :)D new words...) of a car. Let's say that i have added this badge because i adore the new 8C...;)

#84 · (Edited)
Mongrel? translation please...
Mongrel=en som inte har en "ren" race. Jag tror en bastard är det samma.

Courtesy: Jørgens Translations Services - sorry for you calling you a fitta....:D (Thats how good my swedish is....:rolleyes: )

Ps TZ after your medicine please change your badge with that. THE LAST ONE.
TZ: your friend doesnt seem to agree with you;)

#85 ·
aah, tnx danskjävel... :D

What about GTVs with a turbo? Is my 75 Turbo something you would vomit on too and if yes, why? Where do you draw the line? A 164 with a turbocharger? Giulietta Turbo Autodelta?

#89 ·
BigSwede said:
aah, tnx danskjävel... :D

What about GTVs with a turbo? Is my 75 Turbo something you would vomit on too and if yes, why? Where do you draw the line? A 164 with a turbocharger? Giulietta Turbo Autodelta?
BigSwede,

I think that you haven't understand my thoughts so far...
I don't hate turbochargers, i hate those bastard Alfas....So simple...:rolleyes:

#90 ·
164QV said:
I'm just wondering what the where the consequence of these hardcore, selfproclaimed, "true" Alfisti is - but I guess thats all just greek to me. :D
Ave Jorgen.....:D :rolleyes: :D ,

Plese explain me the phrase " all these are just greek to me" so we can discuss in a better level, or even in another level if you want of course...;)

#93 ·
164QV said:
"just greek to me" is way of saying that one understand nothing. Thought it was funny, since all the "true" Alfisti here are greek...:rolleyes: No pun intended.
Jorgen,

I think that this discussion will not drive to somewhere.... I said my opinions, you said yours, i understood your opinons, you DON'T WANT to understand my opinions... If it's real that you can't understand, please read once more my posts and if you can't understand something please pm me....So simple...;)

You said with a bit funny mood that "all the true alfisti here are Greek". If you want to say something please express it, no problem...because you are not easily understandable, not by us the Greeks, but by the other people.... We never said that all Greeks are true alfisti, but those people with the true Alfa opinions and thoughts are absolutely true alfisti... So simple... ;)

#95 ·
Tubolare Zagato said:
BigSwede,

I think that you haven't understand my thoughts so far...
I don't hate turbochargers, i hate those bastard Alfas....So simple...:rolleyes:
But you might wanna check what Alfa produced.

The GTV (916) is available with a 2.0 V6 turbo, the 164 was too.

Or do you mean 105 and 116 GTVs? What about a 75 T engine in a 116 GTV? Where do you draw the line? is uprated shocks and springs ok? What if the original part is discontinued, would you scrap the car or put on a part from another manufacturer?

This is really interesting, honestly.

#96 ·
BigSwede said:
But you might wanna check what Alfa produced.

The GTV (916) is available with a 2.0 V6 turbo, the 164 was too.

Or do you mean 105 and 116 GTVs? What about a 75 T engine in a 116 GTV? Where do you draw the line? is uprated shocks and springs ok? What if the original part is discontinued, would you scrap the car or put on a part from another manufacturer?

This is really interesting, honestly.
Ok, i meant basically the 105 GTV's. But that's not the issue. I mean that i hate to see an Alfa which came out from the factory as a normal aspirated, being bastardised (once more new words...:D ) this or another way.

#97 ·
True Alfisti come from everywhere!

It's great that we have so many Greek Alfisti. Let me try and explain the phrase "It's all Greek to me". This expression started out in America I believe. It is used as a way of explaining that one doesn't understand the terminology being used. An example of this would be "those engineering drawings of the new 8C's drivetrain are very complex, but because I am not an engineer, it's all Greek to me!" It is not an insult, but rather just a way of saying that something is difficult to understand and it is used because Greek is a difficult language for people who don't speak Greek to understand. I am sure that it could just as easily have been Danish, Swahili or Chinese.

I fully support everyone's entitlement to an opinion on this BB, but let us not get into insulting each other, OK? I have a feeling that we are headed in that direction, and that is not what any 'True Alfista' should be doing...especially in a forum (Greek word) like this, where there are almost 1000 members reading our opinions.

Personally, I would love to meet all of you! I may get a chance to visit Greece next year and I would certainly love to get together with some of our Greek members for some Retsina, olives, a great meal...maybe even a little Ouzo? Oh, and of course to see the cars! I may also get a chance to visit Denmark next year and I would also love to enjoy the Danish culture and cuisine...and see some Danish Alfas too!

Cheers to all of you...Peace!

#98 ·
Alex Csank said:
True Alfisti come from everywhere!

It's great that we have so many Greek Alfisti. Let me try and explain the phrase "It's all Greek to me". This expression started out in America I believe. It is used as a way of explaining that one doesn't understand the terminology being used. An example of this would be "those engineering drawings of the new 8C's drivetrain are very complex, but because I am not an engineer, it's all Greek to me!" It is not an insult, but rather just a way of saying that something is difficult to understand and it is used because Greek is a difficult language for people who don't speak Greek to understand. I am sure that it could just as easily have been Danish, Swahili or Chinese.

I fully support everyone's entitlement to an opinion on this BB, but let us not get into insulting each other, OK? I have a feeling that we are headed in that direction, and that is not what any 'True Alfista' should be doing...especially in a forum (Greek word) like this, where there are almost 1000 members reading our opinions.

Personally, I would love to meet all of you! I may get a chance to visit Greece next year and I would certainly love to get together with some of our Greek members for some Retsina, olives, a great meal...maybe even a little Ouzo? Oh, and of course to see the cars! I may also get a chance to visit Denmark next year and I would also love to enjoy the Danish culture and cuisine...and see some Danish Alfas too!

Cheers to all of you...Peace!
This is the best post that i have ever read in this forum!!!
Congtatulations Alex!!! You are welcome in Greece whenever you want!!!

#101 ·
Back home again. Do you miss me?
Shame on you bad Greeks, (Alfisti or not)

My brother, Alex!!! Whenever you decide to come just tell us. We'll arrange a glorious welcome-Alfaholic-ceremony!!! And I hope that you have heard about greek hospitality and Zeus, father of godsand god of hospitality!!!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.